Pubs closing down in Sheffield area megathread

Very odd - Robert is one of the nicest blokes i've ever met!

A nice welcoming couple doing great beer and great food.

The place is spotlessly clean so i don't get the airfreshner reference at all. Quite bizzare.

No, there seem to be a few people on SF, mainly pro-smokers, arguing that these days (ie. post smoking ban), pubs all smell of farts, sweat and stale beer. Which is utter rubbish. My sense of smell is very good and I haven't picked that up anywhere. And anyway, still better than fag smoke in my opinion.

The Rising Sun was spotless last time I was in, and the bar staff let me taste some of the beers for free.

No, there seem to be a few people on SF, mainly pro-smokers, arguing that these days (ie. post smoking ban), pubs all smell of farts, sweat and stale beer. Which is utter rubbish. My sense of smell is very good and I haven't picked that up anywhere. And anyway, still better than fag smoke in my opinion.

The Rising Sun was spotless last time I was in, and the bar staff let me taste some of the beers for free.

i am a non smoker and since the smoking ban pubs have got worse,they are like community centres with beer.Beer and cig smoke go hand in hand.

Im surprised the Queens Road Social Club hasn't closed down yet we used to go in all the time but havent been in for months, and when i see people who i used to see in there they say the same thing that they havent been in for ages, and a lot of the time people blame the smoking ban.

Im surprised the Queens Road Social Club hasn't closed down yet we used to go in all the time but havent been in for months, and when i see people who i used to see in there they say the same thing that they havent been in for ages, and a lot of the time people blame the smoking ban.

cheaper beer in the Supermarket. Can get tanked up for half the cost. :D

But most people in the pub industry back then could see what would happen when this happened but the tories still went ahead with that stupid idea. The larger breweries like Stones and Whitbread then had a lot less pubs so split their divisons up into the hotels the restaurant part of the business. You can see the damage in sheffield where there is no stones wards or whitbread breweries. Thanks Thatcher you useless pile of poo
Yes! and thanks Brown,for continuing the bloated tax on our tipple! Pubs like the Housing market and Pensions and wage rises will have to severely correct and find a bottom before we see light at the end of the tunnel! but I am afraid it won,t happen this year or next,now the cheap credit rug has been pulled.The UK has been living beyond it's means for too long..................Brown has seen to that! Thatcher pruned the waste..........Brown has expanded it!

Your right there m8 , how much would say 7 pints cost thats what you get just about for 8 cans for 6 quid lol.

And you can smoke away to your hearts content without getting flu.

Less chance of getting bottled too without you upset the Mrs that is :hihi: