Pubs closing down in Sheffield area megathread

Has the Three Cranes on Queen Street in the city centre closed? Wouldn't surprise if it had because it used to get most of its business from people who worked at Capita in Queens house but now that building has shut and everyone made redundant so trade will have reduced considerably if it still open.

no it has not closed, it is being run by a polish couple i believe

Recently visited a pub in Coal Aston to see top rock band 'Junkyard Dog'; 15 mins to get served, landlord nowhere in site and when he's there he usualy stands at the end of the bar talking.

Went to Holmesfield to see 'Phil Brodie Band'; pub full, bar staff working flat out landlady outside smoking.

Recently visited a pub in Coal Aston to see top rock band 'Junkyard Dog'; 15 mins to get served, landlord nowhere in site and when he's there he usualy stands at the end of the bar talking.

Went to Holmesfield to see 'Phil Brodie Band'; pub full, bar staff working flat out landlady outside smoking.

And? :huh:.....

The drink is too expensive far too expensive to have wait a long time to be serverd in a pub where the so-called licensee knows little about the requirements of the job.

The licensee will have no doubt been working since they got up that morning, and will still be working long after you have left the bar and gone home, there is more to running a bar than just being behind the bar.

The licensee will have no doubt been working since they got up that morning, and will still be working long after you have left the bar and gone home, there is more to running a bar than just being behind the bar.

You don't put a band on, have a packed pub and sit upstairs watching telly whilst customers wait to be served.:help:

I suppose with all the pubs closing down it will stop binge drinking.

I will be getting a new job in the new year as an "expert" in how to stop binge drinking, and I have always said that if all the pubs shut, then people would not be able to get drunk

I use pubs very infrequently these days, however I have not witnessed any binge drinking when I have popped in for a couple of pints. I don't use Enterprise Inns, Brewmaster, Wetherspoon etc; I prefer the older style pub run by a landlord/landlady.

Times are tough, pubs are not exempt from the recession.