Pubs closing down in Sheffield area megathread

I suppose with all the pubs closing down it will stop binge drinking.

I will be getting a new job in the new year as an "expert" in how to stop binge drinking, and I have always said that if all the pubs shut, then people would not be able to get drunk

I agree with you. I found this article in the Mirror about how much binge drinking costs the taxpayer, it is just astonishing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/01/02/2-7bn-booze-crisis-115875-21936232/

I suppose with all the pubs closing down it will stop binge drinking.

I will be getting a new job in the new year as an "expert" in how to stop binge drinking, and I have always said that if all the pubs shut, then people would not be able to get drunk

Most binge drinking takes place at home with cheap supermarket booze and is hidden from public view. If you want to become an 'expert' then you need to look at this, which has also been a contributory factor in the closing of so many pubs and the end of social drinking where people would go out for a convivial chat over a few pints.

Now it is either get blotto on West Street or get blotto at home. The social sanctions on getting drunk need to be reinstated.

Yeh too true:loopy:

"Do you mind not wanting to be served? yes I know it's opening time but I'm cleaning the pumps and then I'm stock taking, can you come back when we're closed":huh:

I have never been in a pub that has been having its lines cleaned while it is open, apart from in Ireland where the breweries actually go round the pubs cleaning the lines themselves, so the licensee doesnt actually have a say in that.

You obviously dont have any idea about running a pub so I suggest you come back when you do.

Have you run a pub?

Sounds like one of the many customers who are experts in the trade because they spend a hour a night propping the bar up :D

I have never been in a pub that has been having its lines cleaned while it is open,
Well what else are you saying that they should be doing instead of serving customers during opening time?

Remember it's you that said that there is more to running a pub than being behind the bar during opening time:loopy:

Sounds like one of the many customers who are experts in the trade because they spend a hour a night propping the bar up :D

Have you frorgotten about the customer being the reason that the pub is there.

You're suffering from 'Army Cook Syndrome' which is "The army is here for me to cook" and not "I'm here to cook for the army":loopy:

Well what else are you saying that they should be doing instead of serving customers during opening time?

Remember it's you that said that there is more to running a pub than being behind the bar during opening time:loopy:

Have you frorgotten about the customer being the reason that the pub is there.

You're suffering from 'Army Cook Syndrome' which is "The army is here for me to cook" and not "I'm here to cook for the army":loopy:

I can see exactly why you are always last to be served :hihi:

The Shakespeare on Gibraltar St is due to close in the next few weeks. There is a 'last hurrah' on 16/17th with DJs and local bands on all weekend 3pm-3am Sat/ Sun including Slow Down Tallahassee, Smokers Die Younger & The Millipedes. Such a shame to see this one closing after the positive impact the place has had on the local music scene...