Pubs closing down in Sheffield area megathread

Yeah your right there fella, its all weatherspoons and "chain" pubs these days.

Went in one in Blackpool the other week and you could have fitted most of Blackpool in it it was enormous man!!!

well wetherspoons have 800 pubs (ish) and are planning on creating 10,000 jobs in the next 5yrs so their empire is continuing

if people didnt want wetherspoons they wudnt exist, pretty much every pub looks up to them as to how they run their pubs (cleanliness, quality/keeping of ales etc etc)

I personally hate Wetherspoons due to the clientele it attracts. No matter where you go in the UK its the same sort of people frequenting them. I remember the big Yates wine lodges in Blackpool, the Wetherpoons of its day I reckon.

Yeah probably was, you may have even been in the one we did its at the beginning of the golden mile opposite end to the fairground.

Only thing is the traditional boozers are few and far between now as they cannot compete with the prices Weatherspoons charge and all the real ale they seem to get hold off at next to nowt.

plus the good thing about wetherspoons is you know everyone u go in will have good quality beer etc

there's a few boozers round sheff that i'll order a bottle/spirit mixer coz i dont trust the draught! or just bottles in some coz i dont trust the spirits aint had a touch of water added!

well wetherspoons have 800 pubs (ish) and are planning on creating 10,000 jobs in the next 5yrs so their empire is continuing

if people didnt want wetherspoons they wudnt exist, pretty much every pub looks up to them as to how they run their pubs (cleanliness, quality/keeping of ales etc etc)

Shame they can't eradicate the low lifes that seem to frequent the places.

Come again :confused::confused::confused:

**** fighting - a traditional sport of the 'working man' banned by the nanny state in the 19th century. Many pubs closed because people could not enjoy a good **** fight with their flaggen of foaming ale in a tavern of their choice.

**** fighting - a traditional sport of the 'working man' banned by the nanny state in the 19th century. Many pubs closed because people could not enjoy a good **** fight with their flaggen of foaming ale in a tavern of their choice.

Its more shoplifters selling makeup these days sidders :hihi:

money is worth the same from whoever its coming from, i take it u dont run a boozer coz if u did you'd prob have no customers!!!

I ran a successful pub for eight years, allowing the low life in discourages the decent people from visiting you. You've only got to take a look around Waingate to illustrate that point.