Pubs closing down in Sheffield area megathread

I ran a successful pub for eight years, allowing the low life in discourages the decent people from visiting you. You've only got to take a look around Waingate to illustrate that point.

solution to the low life problem reopen the cannon pub. They should never have closed that place. At least you knew where the drug dealers and the drunks were. Bank next to the police station.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
I ran a successful pub for eight years, allowing the low life in discourages the decent people from visiting you. You've only got to take a look around Waingate to illustrate that point.

The drug and murder centre of Sheffiild is not around Waingate at all it is around the area bordered by West St, Fitzwilliam St,Charter Row,Leopold St.

So why stigmatise an area when the facts are wrong.

• 3 months later...

I hear that the landlord at the Milestone at Crystal Peaks as left, hounded out by the high rents! Is this the latest casualty of greedy pub co's. I saw the Bradway Hotel boarded up yesterday, what a shame, good pubs once upon a time.

I hear that the landlord at the Milestone at Crystal Peaks as left, hounded out by the high rents! Is this the latest casualty of greedy pub co's. I saw the Bradway Hotel boarded up yesterday, what a shame, good pubs once upon a time.

The Bradway seems like many other pubs that I pass most days.

It reopens for a few months.

The chavs return.

The civilised folk go elsewhere.

The pub closes again.

The Bradway seems like many other pubs that I pass most days.

It reopens for a few months.

The chavs return.

The civilised folk go elsewhere.

The pub closes again.

Its all down to price ... the Mother Redcap in the same area does well due to the very low cost of the beer which illustrates, from the dilapidated interior of the Mother Redcap that people are drinking to price and not ambient surroundings.

The Bradway was a good pub when I used to use it in the mid 70's. A chap called Laurie with his wife (a magistrate) ran the pub. No messing around in those days, step out of line and you were barred, for good!

Its all down to price ... the Mother Redcap in the same area does well due to the very low cost of the beer which illustrates, from the dilapidated interior of the Mother Redcap that people are drinking to price and not ambient surroundings.

The Bradway was a good pub when I used to use it in the mid 70's. A chap called Laurie with his wife (a magistrate) ran the pub. No messing around in those days, step out of line and you were barred, for good!

I don't know the Mother Redcap. I moved to Holmesfield a couple of years ago and popped into the Bradway a couple of times for meals. They seemed to be trying very hard to go up market, but I think they were fighting a loosing battle. I even remember a big sign at the enterance saying no chavs, and they increased drinks prices to try to discourage them as well. But within 6 months the shutters were up. I had intended to give the place a look over when it reopened but the shutters were back on before I got around to it.

Come again :confused::confused::confused:

You don't get it? He's trying to tell you that practices change with the times. Like they don't send kids up chimneys anymore. And the bear baiting pit in the Botanical Gardens is empty. Likewise, people don't blow smoke around in other peoples' faces. Penny, please drop. ;)

I don't know the Mother Redcap. I moved to Holmesfield a couple of years ago and popped into the Bradway a couple of times for meals. They seemed to be trying very hard to go up market, but I think they were fighting a loosing battle. I even remember a big sign at the enterance saying no chavs, and they increased drinks prices to try to discourage them as well. But within 6 months the shutters were up. I had intended to give the place a look over when it reopened but the shutters were back on before I got around to it.

If they increased prices to discourage people then they deserve to go bust the price of a pint is bad enough for folk on low income so good riddance to them!