Live shows at the Gaumont

smary

I also saw Lulu around the same time, also on the bill was Milly (My boy lollipop) and the Applejacks (Have I the right) with the novelty of a female drummer.

Think the drummer was called Honey Langtry?

It was Honey Langtry, but the group was 'The Honeycombs'. The Applejacks big hit was 'Tell Me When'. Oh dear, showing my age now.

I always get the two mixed up, as I remember one had a female drummer the other had a female guitarist, or am I wrong again?

At the Gaumont in the 60's I saw Bobby Darin, Clyde McPhatter (who I think had been one of the original singers with The Platters), and some British backup artistes who I can't remember.

I can remember, that Bobby Darin thought the audience wasn't applauding him enough after his first few songs. He then started to make sarcastic remarks to them. I think the arrogant man thought he was still in Las Vegas not Sheffield. He soon found out where he was, he was booed off the stage and told to, " get thessen back to America and don't cum back".

Archived