Gloops club and star walk

what ever happened to the gloops club, hope i got the name right after all these years. also the star walk which took place around whitsun, i think, anyway i was a gloops club member and my dad took me to see the star walk.............or was it just a dream?

what ever happened to the gloops club, hope i got the name right after all these years. also the star walk which took place around whitsun, i think, anyway i was a gloops club member and my dad took me to see the star walk.............or was it just a dream?

I think if you look into the further into these threads you will find one on Gloops and the club. I was also a member!

We used to watch the Star walk every year at the junction of Hartley Brook Rd and Barnsley RD. We used to WALK at whitsun as well under big banners and congregate in Firth Park afterwards, we had sports on the field by the Capital, which became the Essoldo. Don't know what it is now.

• 10 months later...

Often watched the Star Walk in the mid to late 40s and early 1950s at the top end of Pitsmoor Road, near the Toll Bar house, and, later, somewhere around the top of Macro Street. It was always a good day.

There are some references to the Star Walk, and to Gloops, on other SF threads, and some picture references on Sheffieldhistory.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know anything about a guy called Walter Chambers, who was the last artist at The Star to draw the Gloops cartoons? He did the job from 1946 to the date (unknown at the moment) the paper decided to discontinue the old cat!

Archived