Back to Australia

asti

Greetings! it's been a long time,

Going to visit number 1 son in June, he's going to be a father making me a grandfather, a first for both of us, Baby due in july. I'll be there for 7 weeks and i can't get over just how good this all makes me feel.

He lives in Manly, Sidney, and due to circumstance i need accomodation for 3-4 weeks in july,The hotels are very expensive and i'm not to keen staying in a backpackers, does anyone know of some B-B type accomodation in this area? or even further a field,

Greetings! it's been a long time,

Going to visit number 1 son in June, he's going to be a father making me a grandfather, a first for both of us, Baby due in july. I'll be there for 7 weeks and i can't get over just how good this all makes me feel.

He lives in Manly, Sidney, and due to circumstance i need accomodation for 3-4 weeks in july,The hotels are very expensive and i'm not to keen staying in a backpackers, does anyone know of some B-B type accomodation in this area? or even further a field,

Hi,

I have stayed in Sydney at some cheapish places - do a search on the Internet and see what comes up - or if you can't finad anything send me a personal message and I will have a look around.

congratulations btw on soon to be a grandad!

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

I saw your message and e-mailed a friend who lives in Manley. Here is her reply - hope it's of use:

Manly can be quite pricey, there is a guesthouse on the wharf side of Manly called Periwinkle -

http://sydney.citysearch.com.au/E/V/SYDNE/0018/33/61/1.html

That should be a lot cheaper than the hotels and it's in a very good location. I walk past it every day and it seems nice, other than that I know you can hire self contained apartments and studio apartments but they are run by lots of different agencies so I guess the best thing for him to do would just be google holiday rentals in manly.

Hope that helps.

I received this email this week from Travelbag - dont know whether it covers the time you want to travel but may be worth a try:

FARE ALERT: Qantas Australia Specials

from £599

Don't miss Qantas' special airfares to Australia, available for a limited period only. Hurry, offers end 13th March!

Sydney £599

Melbourne £604

Perth £645

Brisbane £650

Adelaide £653

Valid from: 16.04.08 to 15.06.08

Happy travels,

Call 0800 970 3155 to book

It seems that April to June are generally the cheapest times to fly,I guess it's just

low season due to it being autumn in Australia,and their winter months coincide with the peak European holiday period so prices go up. I would not expect to get prices any where

near the ones you quoted in February,but I'm hoping I can get a return flight for around

£750.

Thanks anyway

Greetings people,

I'm so glad i did'nt leave it to the last minute to locate some accommodation, it's a minefield out there,and so busy. I think i may have to give the Manly area a miss and concentrate on further out, Curl curl, Dee Why etc. Many thanks for the suggestions,it all helps.

• 2 weeks later...

It may be worth joining th Youth Hostel Association, they have backpacker, b & b and all up to something mroe special... membership is dirt cheap, pretty smooth flowing, and you have the option of ging to YHA overseas, checked the prices of a few in Perth and they're pretty reasonable, provided you book them early enough... hope that helps.

Archived