Jordanthorpe school sixth form 1984/5

older 48 , the first year of comprehensive schools . before that you took your 11 plus exam and if you passed you went to rowlinson boys school. if you failed you went to jordanthorpe north or south depending on what sex you was, they were just at each end of the field. our year was the first to have girls at rowlinson .

yer but us jordanthorpe pupils came from posher areas,,,lol:hihi:

I don't know if that's true in general but it certainly was for me, we were very poor when I was growing up.

Its probably been a key influence in my life and has driven me to accumulate everything I perceived as a kid to represent affluence.

In contrast all the lads in my class that came from better of families are scraping a living and haven't coped well at all.

Oh happy days at Jordo :rolleyes:! Stayed on for a term that year but left after Christmas. My daughter's in 6th form now (not there), how time flies! I now work in a local primary and still see a few old faces from back then.