Jordanthorpe school sixth form 1984/5

yep summat like that maybe thats what the underpass really was ha ha. I had some good times at school only wish I knew then what I know now :huh: Its a much easier life when you're at school although you don't think it at the time

• 3 months later...

Now Rowlinson School have a thread, lets restart the Jordanthorpe one. I attended Jordanthorpe Secondary from 1965 to 1969. Anybody else out there around at that time?

Teachers I remember were Pryor, Helliwell, Page, Haythorne, Sellars, Walker, Gibb, Roberts!

Chinny Roberts! When the lesson started to get boring it was really easy to get him chattering on about something or other, and the time just flew by! :hihi:

I loved Mr Sergeant, the woodwork/metalwork teacher. There were only 2 of us girls who did it at O level in 1983, and he was really kind.

I've just got a job there as it happens, starting in September! :D:thumbsup:

In my time at Jordanthorpe, we used to spend some of our lunchtimes in Graves Park, sometimes hiring one of their rowing boats, or even playing tenpin bowling at the (what is now) the Norton. There was a little coffee bar there as well, and 4 (?) lanes.....terrific, while it lasted.

I left the school in '67, but I think the bowling alley had already gone by then....

In my time at Jordanthorpe, we used to spend some of our lunchtimes in Graves Park, sometimes hiring one of their rowing boats, or even playing tenpin bowling at the (what is now) the Norton. There was a little coffee bar there as well, and 4 (?) lanes.....terrific, while it lasted.

I left the school in '67, but I think the bowling alley had already gone by then....

I remember the bowling alley, even going back as far as the Cafe in the Brocklehursts garage. Cranns chip shop Dixon's chippy in the village, Davy's and the sweet shop who used to sell small bottles of mixed fruit pop. I went to the annexe in Greenhill village for the first year and then up to the main building at Meadowhead until leaving in 69. In the summer we used to go down to the fence at the girls school to talk to them. Cross country's in Graves Park, combined with taking in a fag at the boating lake. Does anyone remember a pyschopath called Mr Haythorne?

I remember the bowling alley, even going back as far as the Cafe in the Brocklehursts garage. Cranns chip shop Dixon's chippy in the village, Davy's and the sweet shop who used to sell small bottles of mixed fruit pop. I went to the annexe in Greenhill village for the first year and then up to the main building at Meadowhead until leaving in 69. In the summer we used to go down to the fence at the girls school to talk to them. Cross country's in Graves Park, combined with taking in a fag at the boating lake. Does anyone remember a pyschopath called Mr Haythorne?

Greenhill village for me too (but only for a few months), before going up to the 'big boys' building on Dyche Lane.

Mr.Haythorne.....history teacher?

My favourites were "Chalky" White, (English teacher) Mr.Sibley (Library and Geography) and Jeff Smith (Maths)...

P.J. Adams Head at the time.

Yup - girls school below the fence - what was left of it - but our x country route was up through Coal Aston, rather than Graves Park. No Batemoor in those days, of course....

Chinny Roberts! When the lesson started to get boring it was really easy to get him chattering on about something or other, and the time just flew by! :hihi:

I loved Mr Sergeant, the woodwork/metalwork teacher. There were only 2 of us girls who did it at O level in 1983, and he was really kind.

I've just got a job there as it happens, starting in September! :D:thumbsup:

chinny roberts,,lol

on my first day at jordanthorpe i got a x on my dinner ticket for having my hands on my pockets,,,wot a organhead,,ha ah

sergeant was great,,,although he wouldnt let me do modular technology,the bugger,,made a good gate though,,never did use it

i was the only one in metalwork 1983/4 to use the welder,i used the shed where they kept the old minibus to do it,,had lots of skive time to myself while the others had the lessons, he he

mr mintoft and parker are dead i believe,,,

wot happened to the agressive mr tracey and mr jimboy sellars ?????

remember mr chambers and mr wilson chuckin blacboard rubbers at me

remember mr wilson,in sixth form maths,had me by the collar threatening to give me detention for forgettin some bloody homework

told him u cant give me detention,im here at my own accord im a sixth former,the whole class cheered!

he was cool after that

i know mr thomson,,sciences,was about in 1989 cos i repaired his ford sierra wehn i worked in a bodyshop at the time