University Arms

dacrlit

Was there last Thursday for the first time. Did the free pub quiz, at half time every table got a bowl of roast potatoes. Beer nice too, and no knuckle draggers.

Coincidentally I too was in last thursday night and had a fine time; so fine in fact that we forgot to go for the celebratory curry we'd been planning and carried on drinking instead. Fine selection of Thornbridge beers and plenty of eye candy too, albeit mostly young enough to be my daughter.......

• 2 months later...

I've always fancied going in that place - it's not an NUS only pub though is it? I'm a bit of a fan of the Thornbridge beers so think I'd enjoy it.

Had one bad experience on Thornbridge beers in the Devonshire Arms. Hung over as hell meeting my Dad for a pint in there, I decided to start on something light. In my booze addled state I ordered the Jaipur (abv 5.8%) and sat there wondering why it was making me feel worse. Then I felt better and drank loads of it - wa hey!

I've always fancied going in that place - it's not an NUS only pub though is it?

No, not at all. Its open to all.

It used to be the University staff club, but it now seems to attract quite a diverse crowd.

Archived