University Arms

dacrlit

Normal pub hours - 12:00-23:00 Mon-Sat and 12:00-22:30 Sunday I think. It's a nice traditional and comfy bar with a choice of real ales and continental beers as well as the usual lagers etc, a simple food menu is available for light meals at lunchtime and tea time, and there is a decent beer garden.

It also has meeting/function rooms upstairs.

• 2 weeks later...

i regulary go to the uni arms it is open monday to saturday but closed sundays. All there 5 handpulled beers rotate daily so when one goes a new one is put on so always a different choice of beers available, luch is seved mon-fri 12-2pm. But the real gem about this pub is the beer garden one of the best in Sheffield. I belive they are also available for functions and have rooms to hire as well as doing bbq throughout summer. I recommend checkin the uni arms out have a chat to the pub manager Mike he is a nice chap who can proberly help with any requests!!

I've always fancied going in that place - it's not an NUS only pub though is it? I'm a bit of a fan of the Thornbridge beers so think I'd enjoy it.

Had one bad experience on Thornbridge beers in the Devonshire Arms. Hung over as hell meeting my Dad for a pint in there, I decided to start on something light. In my booze addled state I ordered the Jaipur (abv 5.8%) and sat there wondering why it was making me feel worse. Then I felt better and drank loads of it - wa hey!

Jaipur is 5.9% btw. That's probably why you felt bad afterwards. That 0.1% can make all the difference to the uninitiated.

The night I went in I was disappointed that they only had the one Thornbridge Ale on - "Wild Swan" - a refreshingly light bitter, but no good to a bloke like me who wants heavy and hoppy. The other beers were good though.

I enjoyed it I must say.

There ain`t many Thornbridge brewery pubs so I must give it a try.

Jaipur is a winner but way stronger than what I`d usually go for. I like the Kipling that I had at Coach and Horses in Dronfield best. :love:

• 1 year later...

Archived