Anyone want buy a pub?

Cavellsuk

This does not surprise me, that place has been on the skids for ages......but it seems the entire YATES chain is being disposed of......along with the HOGSHEAD chain and the SLUG AND LETTUCE too......not a good sign for the industry at all.....

£107K a year rent, not unexpected for this area but I suggest a little on the high side, and a rent review (INCREASE) is due later this year too which is a little scary

Plus you have f&f to buy. Also residents above so no chance of a late one. Its going to be a very brave person that takes it on.

residents above oh yes I forgot that....assumed it had a 1am licence at least. I see this place turning back into a restaurant style operation actually, not a bar. It was restaurant some years back, forgotten its name now.....

I heard some snobbery on the media today about the typical branch of "yates' wine lodge". They were saying that they are a throwback to what was happening in the early 1990s and any high street that has one is dying or doing quite badly.

I confess I have only been in that one a handfull of times over the last 20 years and it always struck me as rubbish. More like the atmosphere in a Little chef than a bar, and not really suitable for a city centre.

Archived