Sheffield Wednesday FC in the 60s

Part of my programme collection which will hopefully bring back some happy memories for a few......

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e9/surfinjim/Hillsborough%20Games/?albumview=slideshow

Still looking for the following;

Hillsborough Wants

46-47 Sheffield V Eindhoven Inter City

48-49 Sheffield V Eindhoven Inter City

51-52 Lancs League V Northern Int. Lge Inter League

59-60 Hallam V Crook Town Amateur Cup R2

62-63 FA Colts V S.Yorks Amateur Lge Representative

64-65 England V Wales Schoolboy Int

Any county cups involving any of the South Yorks sides.

Cheers

Jim:thumbsup:

I remember once I went to see Wednesday play Nottingham forest I went with my Dad again ,we had seats close to the pitch in the north stand ,Forest were all over Wednesday I think 2nill down or something ,they had this big bold head guy playing for them I think his name was Hennaysee or Hannasy or something fast as hell up and down the the wing , he came past the half way line and stood for a bit with his back to us, and my Dad stood up and lobed his cushion at him ,it bounced off him and dropped down behind him he spun around picked it up and throw back into the crowd it when flying up far away from us somewhere, about 1969 time .

"67 that match i think,Forest won 0-2,finished 2nd,4 points off the champs spot,they had thier best season for years,the ground was packed about 45k turned up.

Terry Hennessey was the big balding ctr half,they had Joe baker,and alan hinton playing,but i think it was Barry Lyons that had an object thrown at him :hihi:They actually played joe baker behind the front 2 of ian storey moore and frank wignall,course baker was the guy that sparked cattericks departure,but never really cut it at forest,and we tried to sign Lyons in 69,but he refused terms after the clubs agreed a 45k fee.

I ALWAYS went with my dad in those days,he had car lots around the ground,niagra sevice station,shenstone road(leppings lane really,opposite the chippy),and just up from bramhalls gold rooms,so i never missed a game,he had adds on the backs of ALL the programes from around 66-67 to 68-69.

I had chickenpox one year,and screamed the house down when they said i couldnt go:hihi:so much,they wrapped me in a blanket and stuck me on the front row,told everyone id chickenpox,and the entire first 5 rows moved back up the stand:hihi::hihi:so i was sat there in my own exclusion zone,happy as larry watching the game!:)

Edited by staninoodle

I can also remember a large bayanett type knife being thrown from the cop at a match think is was Liverpool who Wednesday were playing at the time, one of the coppers picked it up , seem to rememberer some kind of last minute free kick or penalty sparked it off. it spun out of the crowd and dropt at the back of the net .

Part of my programme collection which will hopefully bring back some happy memories for a few......

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e9/surfinjim/Hillsborough%20Games/?albumview=slideshow

Still looking for the following;

Hillsborough Wants

46-47 Sheffield V Eindhoven Inter City

48-49 Sheffield V Eindhoven Inter City

51-52 Lancs League V Northern Int. Lge Inter League

59-60 Hallam V Crook Town Amateur Cup R2

62-63 FA Colts V S.Yorks Amateur Lge Representative

64-65 England V Wales Schoolboy Int

Any county cups involving any of the South Yorks sides.

Cheers

Jim:thumbsup:

Some great programmes there mate Edited by Shogun

I can also remember a large bayanett type knife being thrown from the cop at a match think is was Liverpool who Wednesday were playing at the time, one of the coppers picked it up , seem to rememberer some kind of last minute free kick or penalty sparked it off. it spun out of the crowd and dropt at the back of the net .

Dont recall that one,but.....the kop was known for throwing snooker balls,at one time quite a few people i knew had stopped going it got so bad,as theyd been some really nasty injuries....course back in those days away fans would go onto the kop if leppings lane was full,or some just picked the bigger end,with the onset of hooliganism,the kop became more of a home only end during the mid 60s,where as before the north stand was built in 61,you could walk from one end to the other,and fans used to mix.

So,some fans began to resent away fans bieng on the kop and began lobbing these snooker balls,many hitting our own fans of course.

Always found it strange that they just didnt change the area from where they watched,i was never allowed on the kop untill much later,i stood on lepps lane with the leeds fans during the cup game,becuase we couldnt get seat tickets.But my 1st game on the kop was v fulham in the 70s when we trounced them 4-0.

"67 that match i think,Forest won 0-2,finished 2nd,4 points off the champs spot,they had thier best season for years,the ground was packed about 45k turned up.

Terry Hennessey was the big balding ctr half,they had Joe baker,and alan hinton playing,but i think it was Barry Lyons that had an object thrown at him :hihi:They actually played joe baker behind the front 2 of ian storey moore and frank wignall,course baker was the guy that sparked cattericks departure,but never really cut it at forest,and we tried to sign Lyons in 69,but he refused terms after the clubs agreed a 45k fee.

I ALWAYS went with my dad in those days,he had car lots around the ground,niagra sevice station,shenstone road(leppings lane really,opposite the chippy),and just up from bramhalls gold rooms,so i never missed a game,he had adds on the backs of ALL the programes from around 66-67 to 68-69.

I had chickenpox one year,and screamed the house down when they said i couldnt go:hihi:so much,they wrapped me in a blanket and stuck me on the front row,told everyone id chickenpox,and the entire first 5 rows moved back up the stand:hihi::hihi:so i was sat there in my own exclusion zone,happy as larry watching the game!:)

Have you got any pictures of them programmes you could send

Your true about fans mixing always been a wednesdayite but lived at abbeydale so sometimes I would go to Bramall lane if they were playing a decent team ,I can remember seeing Chelsea fans walking around past the cricket pavilion smashing the windows , united fans chasing them back round ,when they had that big cricket field in front of it.

Your true about fans mixing always been a wednesdayite but lived at abbeydale so sometimes I would go to Bramall lane if they were playing a decent team ,I can remember seeing Chelsea fans walking around past the cricket pavilion smashing the windows , united fans chasing them back round ,when they had that big cricket field in front of it.

Tom do you live just behind Daresbury Road mate?