Bradway Hotel...

Tarquin

Are you the self appointed guardian of Sheffield Forum then?

I will make comments on my observations and opinions NOT YOURS.

You are free to make your own opinions known. You are not entitled to tell me I cannot do the same. If you do not like my opinion then go to the moderators. It is not helping the Bradway pub if people see anyone making a perfectly valid comment gets the heavy hand. If you are typical of the regulars I certainly won't be going in.

Absolutely nothing to say to that post! (too busy laughing into my afternoon cuppa).

Didn't mean to offend, please accept my sincerest apologies.

tonkatoy - I don't know whether or not you are tempted by my last post but surely it is worth sticking your nose through the door and maybe buying a pint! (On a completely different note… what does @@@@@@@@@@@@@@ mean?)

exhausted - fair comment! You clearly have no 'axe to grind' and do wish them every success! Maybe there were high spirits on the opening weekend? Maybe people were a little loud? I very much doubt however that there were underage drinkers as I know this is something that the landlords are trying to eliminate after previous owners seem to serve any Tom, Dick and Harry (no offence to anyone called Thomas, Richard or Harold by the way!!) Hence why they are now operating an ‘over 21's’ policy as detailed on the front doors! If a 'younger' drinker wants to drink alcopops then they are entitled to do so as long as they are of the appropriate age. As a fellow publican you will know full well the excitement and troubles of opening a pub (especially for the first time) and I would hope that if you can find the time and desire to frequent this establishment again (just give it one more chance!)

lizmachin – As a new member to SF and reading through this entire thread it seems that the point trying to be made is that YES of course you are able to make your own opinions… however it is difficult (near enough impossible) to comment on something that you have not visited or been involved in yourself. I personally couldn’t and wouldn’t comment on the Coach and Horses (Pub of the month or no Pub of the month) because I simply have not been in there… ever. One of the main reasons for putting huge wooden ‘flower bed’ tubs outside of the pub is to try and move the image of this public house forward… alright there is nothing in them yet… but that will soon change. New signage has been erected and the brewery is refurbishing the original lighting to smarten it up further…. Work is being done to smarten up the image and reputation that it has held for so long, please be assured of that. Hopefully it will not look like the ‘uninviting shed’ (only in your opinion) for much longer!

There are indeed many pubs to choose from in Sheffield and if it is a recommendation you are after to tempt you to this pub then here it is-

“I recommend that you give The Bradway a try. Call in for a drink and see for yourself!”

The landlords are also very aware that ‘word of mouth’ travels fast… good and bad! All of the people I have spoken to that have visited the pub since reopening have not said a bad word about it…. constructive criticism maybe, but nothing negative! I know for a fact that all constructive criticism will be gratefully received and acted upon accordingly.

It does seem that there are many people excited and positive about the reopening of The Bradway. I for one am a Bradway lad (for 20+ years now) who grew up drinking in The Bradway. I have very fond (if not a little hazy) memories of this pub and hope that now that is being run by young, local people with fresh ideas and a passion & enthusiasm for succeeding that it will get the support from the community that it deserves! In fact from what I have seen I am sure it will! Well done to all involved… I’ll be in there soon!

Another epic post….

tonkatoy - I don't know whether or not you are tempted by my last post but surely it is worth sticking your nose through the door and maybe buying a pint! (On a completely different note… what does @@@@@@@@@@@@@@ mean?)

exhausted - fair comment! You clearly have no 'axe to grind' and do wish them every success! Maybe there were high spirits on the opening weekend? Maybe people were a little loud? I very much doubt however that there were underage drinkers as I know this is something that the landlords are trying to eliminate after previous owners seem to serve any Tom, Dick and Harry (no offence to anyone called Thomas, Richard or Harold by the way!!) Hence why they are now operating an ‘over 21's’ policy as detailed on the front doors! If a 'younger' drinker wants to drink alcopops then they are entitled to do so as long as they are of the appropriate age. As a fellow publican you will know full well the excitement and troubles of opening a pub (especially for the first time) and I would hope that if you can find the time and desire to frequent this establishment again (just give it one more chance!)

lizmachin – As a new member to SF and reading through this entire thread it seems that the point trying to be made is that YES of course you are able to make your own opinions… however it is difficult (near enough impossible) to comment on something that you have not visited or been involved in yourself. I personally couldn’t and wouldn’t comment on the Coach and Horses (Pub of the month or no Pub of the month) because I simply have not been in there… ever. One of the main reasons for putting huge wooden ‘flower bed’ tubs outside of the pub is to try and move the image of this public house forward… alright there is nothing in them yet… but that will soon change. New signage has been erected and the brewery is refurbishing the original lighting to smarten it up further…. Work is being done to smarten up the image and reputation that it has held for so long, please be assured of that. Hopefully it will not look like the ‘uninviting shed’ (only in your opinion) for much longer!

There are indeed many pubs to choose from in Sheffield and if it is a recommendation you are after to tempt you to this pub then here it is-

“I recommend that you give The Bradway a try. Call in for a drink and see for yourself!”

The landlords are also very aware that ‘word of mouth’ travels fast… good and bad! All of the people I have spoken to that have visited the pub since reopening have not said a bad word about it…. constructive criticism maybe, but nothing negative! I know for a fact that all constructive criticism will be gratefully received and acted upon accordingly.

It does seem that there are many people excited and positive about the reopening of The Bradway. I for one am a Bradway lad (for 20+ years now) who grew up drinking in The Bradway. I have very fond (if not a little hazy) memories of this pub and hope that now that is being run by young, local people with fresh ideas and a passion & enthusiasm for succeeding that it will get the support from the community that it deserves! In fact from what I have seen I am sure it will! Well done to all involved… I’ll be in there soon!

Another epic post….

Hi

I have already arranged for someone to drop round and check you out. Incognito like Egon Ronay do. When I get a report I might pop in with the family for a bar meal and a few pints.

The @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ is not a comment at all. I cancelled my posting when I saw who else was posting on this thread.

I will send you a PM later.

Regarding the outside of the pub. It is unfair to call it a shed. It is much improved from what it was and I am sure that once the planters are full it will transform a fairly severe exterior. If you pop up to Norton Nursery the handicapped project are growing pansies and other plants that you can get cheap and would be helping a very worthwhile cause.

Hi

I have already arranged for someone to drop round and check you out. Incognito like Egon Ronay do. When I get a report I might pop in with the family for a bar meal and a few pints.

The @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ is not a comment at all. I cancelled my posting when I saw who else was posting on this thread.

I will send you a PM later.

Regarding the outside of the pub. It is unfair to call it a shed. It is much improved from what it was and I am sure that once the planters are full it will transform a fairly severe exterior. If you pop up to Norton Nursery the handicapped project are growing pansies and other plants that you can get cheap and would be helping a very worthwhile cause.

For the record... you won't be checking me out! I may well be in there when you visit but I will and always will be the correct side of the bar IMO... the drinking side!

This is not my pub, my venture, my business... as I have said before I just know Bradway very well, know The Bradway very well and want it to do well!

Thanks for your support and advice...... and others too.....

Archived