Bradway Hotel...

Tarquin

I totally agree with you lizmachin but have you actually been in and seen the place for yourself? Forgive me if you have but if not, why not pop in and then make a comparison to the pub it was before, I think you, like many other locals I have spoken to about this will be very pleasantly surprised! Happy Pubbing!

OK tempt me in then.

What beers have you got and how much do you charge?

Do you use brim measure glasses or do you actually serve people full pints when they pay for them?

Do you peel potatoes when you make chips or do you take the bag out of the freezer?

Do you use fresh vegetables or frozen ones?

Give me an idea of what is on the menu and what you charge?

What is the typical age group of your regulars?

How would you describe the background music? Loud, Quite, we don't subject our customers to background noise.

I am sure that it is a vast improvement on what it was before, but there have still been adverse comments on this forum which have not been refuted. The adverse comments come from regular contributors to the forum who don't appear to have an axe to grind.

My point is that with many hundreds of pubs to choose from in Sheffield and North Derbyshire, why would I want to go back to a place where I have had a bad time in the past, unless it was personally recomended by someone I know?

The Moorlands at Owler Bar might not be my favourite pub but it does an excellent lunchtime carvery for £3.50....... YES £3.50. Everything freshly cooked. No decent beer to be had but as I don't drink at lunchtime that isn't a problem.

In the evenings I know of dozens of lovely pubs where I can get a good drink in nice surroundings. The Coach & horses at Dronfield just won Pub of the Month and I can see why...

So why would I want to go back to the Bradway? I drive past it every day and it still looks like an uninviting shed from the outside.

Other than that I have an open mind.

An uninviting shed? A completely unnecessary comment. Stick with the Coach and Horses and keep comments like that to yourself.

From experience I can only comment on the drinks I have consumed there.

Carling Extra Cold is £2.60 a pint

Becks Vier is £2.80 a pint

Deuchers is £2.60 a pint

Staropramen is £2.95 a pint

All prices in my opinion are reasonable. People may say that £3.00 per pint is expensive…. And they are probably right…. But this is the way it is… end of! If you want to drink premium strength lager then you pay for it....

I am a lager drinker myself and do not think that the prices are excessive… in fact I heard that a fellow local publican (remaining nameless obviously) called into The Bradway in the opening week and commented that the beer and lager prices were too cheap!!! I think that in itself speaks volumes!!!!!

To my knowledge all food is brought in fresh, daily! I don’t really have much more to say on this matter other than we called in for a Sunday dinner and it was superb!

I do know that they were in ‘talks’ with local businesses with regards to supply of meat and vegetables but what the outcome of that was I do not know…

I actually went in for the opening night on the Saturday and I have to say I had a great night…. The atmosphere was relaxed, the décor is modern, the staff were polite and it was great to see so many of the ‘old school’ regulars back in there!!! It’s been too long and I am sure they will agree….

The background music is exactly what it is meant to be…. Background music! Certainly not loud, thumping music…. Although I am sure that if you want it turning it up a few notches allowing you to ‘wipe your feet on the rhythm rug’ I am sure they will accommodate you :)

I am new to the Sheffield Forum and must say that it is fantastic that people have the forum to voice their opinion, concerns and praises. As a local lad from Bradway who used to frequent The Bradway years ago (Andy and Karen... Liz and Chris) I think it is great to see it open again, cleaned up and full of good honest people!

I also think it is a bold move to take on a pub (especially in the current economic climate we are in) that for so long has been neglected and passed from landlord to landlord with no thought whatsoever put into the needs and requests of the local community.

I am sure that any constructive criticism will be taken on board and very much welcomed by the owners.

This is turning into a bit of an epic considering it is my first post but never the less, it’s done now!

I personally wish them every success!

I'm glad to see that someone has actually has spent the time and effort on their comments about the Bradway. Well done chadjackson......I can only reiterate your comments....although the beer is not the cheapest, I for one am more than happy to pay that bit more for a good comfortable and now safe environment for my drinking....Matt, Craig and Abby have turned this place around in a very short time...they are young and enthusiastic, work har and have clearly thought about what is needed in the area, yes, I'm sure they will agree, there are things to improve on, but hey give them a chance, they've only been open 3 weeks or so.......well done.....

Ha ha! Brilliant. I'm unconnected with the pub and the trade, and don't know the owners. I just live around the corner (prospect rd area). I've been a member of this forum since 2003 and you're welcome to look back over my past posts to satisfy yourself that I'm a neutral.

They've done a great job with this pub, and I'd encourage people to give it a try. You'll be impressed.

eyupjimmy

I dont have an axe to grind. I thought the Bradway looked great and even told the area manager that. I hope it succeeds. I was commenting on the drunken behavior of the people that were in the place on sunday afternoon. I certainly didnt want to listen to them shouting and arguing amongst themselves and I thought that it was inappropriate that a youngster in their party was drinking alcopops.

If I have offended any one with my genuine comments then I am sorry. I have no reason to be un neccessary negative about the place.

I wish them luck.

eyupjimmy

I dont have an axe to grind. I thought the Bradway looked great and even told the area manager that. I hope it succeeds. I was commenting on the drunken behavior of the people that were in the place on sunday afternoon. I certainly didnt want to listen to them shouting and arguing amongst themselves and I thought that it was inappropriate that a youngster in their party was drinking alcopops.

If I have offended any one with my genuine comments then I am sorry. I have no reason to be un neccessary negative about the place.

I wish them luck.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@'

An uninviting shed? A completely unnecessary comment. Stick with the Coach and Horses and keep comments like that to yourself.

Are you the self appointed guardian of Sheffield Forum then?

I will make comments on my observations and opinions NOT YOURS.

You are free to make your own opinions known. You are not entitled to tell me I cannot do the same. If you do not like my opinion then go to the moderators. It is not helping the Bradway pub if people see anyone making a perfectly valid comment gets the heavy hand. If you are typical of the regulars I certainly won't be going in.

Archived