Oh'dear (ODEON)

Hello,

I've just moved to Sheffield over a week ago. I went to the ODEON cinema last night to see Be kind rewind, and im sorry to say but that building is falling apart! is the building ready to close or somthing? Is there any other cinemas close by?

I'm tempted to write to the manager and help the guys out. I just feel upset im sure it is a useful cinema, but anyone else have a few experinces with the ODEON? Thank god staff are kind, if i worked there i would be close to killing myself!!!!!1

P.S: does anyone know any hidden gems to go in Sheffield?

Any other cinema! I am amazed that the Odeon has not been closed down! The Showroom is a wonderful little cinema and only a 5 minute walk away from the Odeon, Centertainment is prety good for a mainsttream cinema and the one at Meadowhall has recently been taken over.

You need to supply us with embarrassing personal information before we tell you about any hidden gems

:D

You need to supply us with embarrassing personal information before we tell you about any hidden gems

:D

No, lol. not the sort of gems. I just like to show of to friends and family who come to visit. My flat is not ready for guests looks like a bombs hit it.

The showroom? is that the black building on a corner near the bus station/depo? .. cool i saw that on my way to the bus station din't see all the way around it. I might try there later on in the week.

ok, just googled it 'the drums'? (i looked on the nety a long time before, forgot to post it on here)

so what are they waiting to do with the building. What do people want that they don't seem to do lol lobby gets my count - do the showroom have nice lobby? :P

I've never really noticed tbh, I'm just going there to sit in a dark room for a couple of hours so never really pay it that much attention.

Showroom is a boss little place though, unless you're wanting to see the latest Will Smith blockbuster :gag:

I went to the Odeon last night too (to see Juno) and I have to agree with everything you've said. It is a dirty, decrepid over-priced hell hole! Surely when they charge over £3.50 for a small bucket of popcorn they can afford a cleaner, at least....:huh:

I went to the Odeon last night too (to see Juno) and I have to agree with everything you've said. It is a dirty, decrepid over-priced hell hole! Surely when they charge over £3.50 for a small bucket of popcorn they can afford a cleaner, at least....:huh:

I used to work at the Odeon. We did have cleaners and the ushers used to clean the cinema's too!! But you're right, they Odeon earns loads and never put anything back into their buildings.

Archived