The Onward Rambling Club ( Sheffield )

Has anyone got any details regarding the ' Onward Rambling Club ' that existed definitely in Sheffield during 1929 - 30.

I had never heard of it until today.

But I know that it existed and published a handbook very similar to the one published by the Sheffield Clarion Ramblers.

Hi, Albert, I suspect I only know as much as you do....!!! The lady who subscribed to the Clarion Ramblers thread, scanned in the handbook for the ORC (1930), and sent it to me, it contained a number of articles written by my grandad, who was also the treasurer of the club... It's the first time I'd heard of it as well..

As for the Clarions, have you ever come across the name "Syd" or "Sydney Brammar"?? Another friend/relative of mine...!!!!!

Hi, Albert, I suspect I only know as much as you do....!!! The lady who subscribed to the Clarion Ramblers thread, scanned in the handbook for the ORC (1930), and sent it to me, it contained a number of articles written by my grandad, who was also the treasurer of the club... It's the first time I'd heard of it as well..

As for the Clarions, have you ever come across the name "Syd" or "Sydney Brammar"?? Another friend/relative of mine...!!!!!

Syd Brammer, I will have a look. It will be a co-incidence if he turns out to be the father of the production foreman who I had a row each and every day for the last ten years of my working life.

He was the production Foreman I was the Inspector. I had to carry my birth certificate and my mothers wedding certificate around with me, In case he said libelous things about me!!

Actually they called him Frank Brammer

To those who don't realise it: ' This is a joke '.

Archived