Where Is The Dearest And Cheapest Pint Of Real Ale In Sheffield?

barpen

Especially since its not a particularly good beer.

Do we have winners here.

£3.10 for a short measured pint of normal strength real ale that is not particularly good.......

compared to £1.10 for a pint at the George 4th, quality unknown

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ANY ADVANCE ON THESE FIGURES

Do we have winners here.

£3.10 for a short measured pint of normal strength real ale that is not particularly good.......

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ANY ADVANCE ON THESE FIGURES

That's amazing

Quality at George IV is good enough that the CAMRA guys are regulars there.

They have Guiness and Grolsch at £2.60 if you're not into ales, and some cheaper lagers too. Sorry, can't remember how much Carling is.

Quality at George IV is good enough that the CAMRA guys are regulars there.

They have Guiness and Grolsch at £2.60 if you're not into ales, and some cheaper lagers too. Sorry, can't remember how much Carling is.

Yes but can you confirm that a decent pint of real ale is available for £1.10.

I remember going to the Hammer & Pincers some time back and they were flogging a "special offer" beer at half price. The reason was it had turned to vinegar days before but they were still determined to shift it.

Beg to differ Meaks! Timothy Taylor Landlord is an excellent traditional bitter

It certainly is. It is Madonna's favourite beer if I recall. However that doesn't mean that this particular pint was any good.

Selling beer at grossly inflated prices can mean it hangs around for a long time. Even TT's has a shelf life.

Dev Cat in Town, £2.20 for a pint of Moonshine! What the hell?! I wouldn't mind but they don't sell J2Os and I'm not keen on proper fresh orange so I'm restricted to paying over the odds for pints! :loopy:

£2.20 isn't that much. Especially not in the Dev Cat, which is hardly the cheapest place.

I think most customers are more concerned about the amount that they are required to take out of their wallet. A pint at £1.50 is better value than the same pint at £2.00. It may well be the greed of pub companies that makes the difference, but that won't help the landlord if the customers drink in the pub down the road

I agree.

It is not the customers who are wrong it is the system.

If a landlord is daft enough to sign up to a daft rental agreement where he still has to pay over the odds for his beer that is his problem. If folk weren't prepared to take such deals they wouldn't exist.

They still need to compete in an open market and more seriously compete with supermarket booze. They are killing the pubs themselves.

Just picked up from another thread that a pint of Tim Taylors Landlord is now £3.10 in the Crown at Totley.

Can anyone confirm this? If so that has to be an outrageous price to pay for a 4.3% handpull, particularly when served in a brim measure glass containing far less than a pint.

It looks like it is possible to go to Sheffield pubs and pay more than 2 1/2 times the price in one than you need to pay in another...

I wonder if there is a chippy charging £8.50 for cod and chips wrapped in newspaper???

There a chippy charging nearly that price at, totley :hihi:

I only paid it because I was so hungry, but never again.

Not sure that the cheapest beer is always the best value but it certainly makes you think.

How on earth do the £3 plus pubs sell beer.

Mind you I always thought the law required pubs to display prices for beer etc. Not seem one of those official bar price charts for ages. DO THEY STILL EXIST

Archived