CHANGE - Anything you would like to change in your life?

If I could change anything, it would definitely be the fact that I'm disabled. Then I wouldn't have had to go to a "special" School, and I'd be able to get a job! :rant:

And no, I am not using the disability as an excuse to not work, if I could get anything other than a voluntary job, I would.

The only thing disabled about you is your frame of mind. You are as able as anyone else but suffer from a poverty of expectation. Get over it and you will find others will respond accordingly.

The only thing disabled about you is your frame of mind. You are as able as anyone else but suffer from a poverty of expectation. Get over it and you will find others will respond accordingly.

Fair comment, but when the likes of my Parents and other professionals keep telling me to remember I'm disabled and tailor my job searching accordingly, it gets a bit disheartening that I do what they ask, and still get virtually told to go away when I apply for anything beyond volunteer work.

Fair comment, but when the likes of my Parents and other professionals keep telling me to remember I'm disabled and tailor my job searching accordingly, it gets a bit disheartening that I do what they ask, and still get virtually told to go away when I apply for anything beyond volunteer work.

Make tomorrow a new day for yourself Rich. You are able and just ensure everyone else is aware of it.

I wish I'd have met R-lass 10 years earlier & had more kids cos the one we have got is turning out fantastic.

Financially I wish I'd have gone with my gut - feeling speculation & took out a loan for £30k & invested the lot in Premium Bonds 10 years ago.

The winnings WOULD have paid the interest off and I'd have had 10 years head start on being a millionaire.

Rich, learn to play a musical instrument and join a band. It's totally brilliant to be with musicians, even if they are far more talented than yourself. Get yourself some recording software, a drum machine and blast away for hours, improvising naff tunes with friends. I've spent years doing just that, and I never became any good at all musically. But it didn't matter. I was with good friends and loved every minute of it. We recorded everything we did on a four-track recorder, and played it back at the end of the session. In twenty years we never produced a single piece of music that was worth a damn. Wonderful times.

Rich, get a musical instrument and get out amongst friends.

Archived