CHANGE - Anything you would like to change in your life?

I would have made a point of getting up every morning at 6am to go swimming training - I could have been really good. I would still have given up ballet at 5 (I hated it...I still don't get it) but I would have found some other forms of dance that worked for me and would have stuck with it. I wouldn't have let my parents buy that s*****g clarinet. I would have dumped the poodle-a-like manipulative poo of a boyfriend after I'd had sex with him, which is why I picked him up in the first place, rather than wait 2 years before he did anything bad enough to actually merit a reasoned logically dump. I'd be less bitter, talk less and think more, know when to leave an argument, have less arguments, move to Canada before I had a child, and what's more, I should have bought that house in Broomhill that I thought about in 1997 (65k, sold on for 275 in 2004, damnit) and used the proceeds to do something fantastic. Oh, I should have been a dentist or an engineer too, rather than what I currently am.

I wish I'd have met R-lass 10 years earlier & had more kids cos the one we have got is turning out fantastic.

Financially I wish I'd have gone with my gut - feeling speculation & took out a loan for £30k & invested the lot in Premium Bonds 10 years ago.

The winnings WOULD have paid the interest off and I'd have had 10 years head start on being a millionaire.

I've got that amount in Premium Bonds now, but I'm still waiting, I'm hoping to get a really big win, have won £350 this year

I wish I could change the past, but that isn't a choice in reality. I am happy with what I have today and wouldn't change any aspect of my life. :)

Well said. Whats the point in worrying about what could have been. As we get older the the challenge is to deal with now. The older we get the more choices we have had in life and we made those choices so we have to live with them

Well said. Whats the point in worrying about what could have been. As we get older the the challenge is to deal with now. The older we get the more choices we have had in life and we made those choices so we have to live with them

I use to dwell on the the past and it was clearly destroying the future...however, the future I had the option to change. :)

• 2 years later...

I would normally say no but I have learnt a lot in the last few years.

I would change:

The fact I spent more time worrying about how clean my home was rather then spending time with my kids.

I would change the way I used to constantly help people and sort their problems out. As all the time I spent waisting on them ,I could of used that time in a more resourceful way. Like enjoying what time I had on me feet ,as am now in a wheelchair.

I would change who I spent my time with as friends as I spent what time I had on my feet with people that had treat me bad and did many a things I just don't see as nice or normal. (but then again I am ever so greatful to them for showing me some/learning me some great lessons) :)

I would change the way I dealt with people that upset and hurt me. As I did not deal with things great depression or no depression. Cos although they really bothered me and hurt me I was really mean to them. Wich then made me as bad as them bringing myself down to their level.

I would not change anything else other then these few things. Im happy otherwise and although my situation has been rubbish I am the happiest I have ever been

I wouldn't change a thing!

I've had some black times in my life, but I wouldn't be who I am now without them and I certainly wouldn't be in the very happy situation I'm in now without them.

Archived