The Cutler, not cutler hotel!

Sara1312

Hi everyone,

I have booked a room at The Cutler in town (not the Cutlers Hotel) for my wedding reception and I just wondered if anyone knows what it is like there? I'm also having their buffet meal and just wondered if anyone knows what their food is like?

Thanks

My boyfriend worked there for a while and thought the food was ok - he got a free meal at the end of the night. Nothing to write home about, but he has nothing bad to say about it either. The drinks, as with a hotel venue, are overpriced.

We are also getting married and did consider this vene. In the end we wne with St Paul's hotel. The building is amazing and the location is convenient too. I'm sure that your guests will be impressed enough by the surroundings!!

Hi everyone,

I have booked a room at The Cutler in town (not the Cutlers Hotel) for my wedding reception and I just wondered if anyone knows what it is like there? I'm also having their buffet meal and just wondered if anyone knows what their food is like?

Thanks

Cutler? By john lewis? Not to be rude, but doesnt sound like a wedding venue to me?

It is a chain pub if we are talking about the same place?

And if it is a room is that their 'stardust bar' upstairs?

Cutler? By john lewis? Not to be rude, but doesnt sound like a wedding venue to me?

It is a chain pub if we are talking about the same place?

And if it is a room is that their 'stardust bar' upstairs?

I Agree. I am part of a group that uses the room quite regularly, and its sticky, never any toilet roll, only half the lights work...

Its absolutely fine for a free room for what we need, but I wouldn't have a wedding there!

Sorry Sara - I'd keep looking! (I'm afraid I can't recommend anywhere either - sorry)

The thing is were not rich and £3 per head is about all we can afford. I think it is ridiculous spending £5000+ on food for people. We havn't even got £5000 for the whole wedding never mind just the evening reception. Thank you all for your comments though, but it may have to stay there unless someone could tell me of anyone elese who does the same price??? :-(

The thing is were not rich and £3 per head is about all we can afford. I think it is ridiculous spending £5000+ on food for people. We havn't even got £5000 for the whole wedding never mind just the evening reception. Thank you all for your comments though, but it may have to stay there unless someone could tell me of anyone elese who does the same price??? :-(

Could you maybe see if you ca find a venue and cater yourselves? or bring in caterers?

A friend got married in a national trust property just outside Manchester and theirs cost £5000 with sit down meal and buffet and dj etc all within the really nice period venue.

Archived