Attercliffe Radical Club and other community facilities

tomrux

• 1 year later...
Does anybody remember where 'the rads' was?

Were there another centres/facilities like this in the area?

On a street somewhere on the left hand side of the Rotherham to Sheffield road, before Banners. Bloke I was apprentice to made me deliver a leather bag that ticked, every day to the Rad then my dad told me I was a bookies runner. That was 60 years ago, that was when I thought politicians were Honourable.

Does anybody remember where 'the rads' was?

Were there another centres/facilities like this in the area?

The rads was on Staniforth Road. You had to walk under an arch to get to the club. In the 60's I spent many a Sundy lunch time in the rads with my dad. I remember 'playing' house on used house sheets, bottles of vimto and packets of crisps with the salt in a twist of blue paper. I also remember another wmc called 'The Non Pots' (short for non-political I think). I think the rads is a car park now.

the rads is still there although run down, its behind alltools at the bottom of staniforth road,

Do you remember the Non pots? Is it still there? Last I heard a few years back it also had gone down hill to some type of questionable club.

the non pots is still there, it was a gay bar then a lap dancing club called the dancing dollar,dont no what it is now

Thanks for this Dongle. My mum was a barmaid there for a short time in the 60's. I have fond memories of both the rads and the non pots (and Attercliffe in general). :)

try google earth or google street view, im sure you will be able to find a few places that you can stillm pick out down attercliffee

tried to put a link on via google street view but cant get it to work, have a look you can zoom into the front of the rads and the non pots

try google earth or google street view, im sure you will be able to find a few places that you can stillm pick out down attercliffee

tried to put a link on via google street view but cant get it to work, have a look you can zoom into the front of the rads and the non pots

Thanks again dongle. When I've got a cuppa and a good few minutes I'll play with google earth/street view and see what I can find :)

I used to go to the Little Victory Club years ago, it was on Beverley St or in that area, it was like 2 houses knocked into one, they had entertainment most weekends, and the people were a very friendly bunch.

Archived