Traffic light Cameras

That's not what it says on my link above.

Read all of your webpage AND those linked to it.

DfT Guidance clearly states:

The following signing guidance is aimed at safety cameras, whereas the visibility and conspicuity guidance is aimed at speed cameras rather than red-light cameras, as in all cases a red traffic signal will clearly indicate that a driver is required to stop.

and:

This camera signing, visibility and conspicuity guidance has no bearing on the enforcement of offences. Non-compliance with this guidance does not provide any mitigation of, or defence for, an alleged offence committed under current UK law.

You will be fined and receive some penalty points.

Amber means stop.

Good drivers think ahead - if you see a green for a while it will probably turn amber.

It does mean stop but the law is not enforced when the light is amber and no matter how observant you reckon to be you can't stop in a fraction of a second if you are a few feet from the line which is why amber is there.

Read all of your webpage AND those linked to it.

DfT Guidance clearly states:

The following signing guidance is aimed at safety cameras, whereas the visibility and conspicuity guidance is aimed at speed cameras rather than red-light cameras, as in all cases a red traffic signal will clearly indicate that a driver is required to stop.

and:

This camera signing, visibility and conspicuity guidance has no bearing on the enforcement of offences. Non-compliance with this guidance does not provide any mitigation of, or defence for, an alleged offence committed under current UK law.

Ok but it's too boring for me to read it all and that is what was said on original site. Anything else there I need to know?

When the light changes it take a while after it has gone to red before it activates. As well as this you have to go through at a specific speed to set it off. (incase you had gone passed the stop line and are then stuck in traffic and creeping forward) So i dout you will have been caught. I have seen that one on Prince go off once to in a morning so im sure you would have seen in flash!!

I thought you had a split-seconds grace on them, and they were only triggered if you crossed the line on Red.

Amber does not mean stop - it means prepare to stop. If it meant stop there'd be pile-ups at every set of lights every day. It is a warning that the lights will change to Red.

If the lights weren't on Red when you crossed you should be ok - I think that it is based on the front wheels anyway. Certainly once your whole car has gone over the line you are no longer 'controlled' by the lights, so for example if you have gone through a light on green but stopped because of a traffic queue, you can carry on once the traffic clears even if the light is on red - although obviously it isn't always safe.

Red light cameras become active a second or so after the red light is illuminated.

A detector just beyond the stop line triggers the camera when you pass over it. The camera then takes a photo using a flash. A couple of seconds later, it takes a second photo, again with flash, to make sure you haven't just stopped a bit over the stop line.

So, you would see two flashes if you had been caught and no, the camera would not be activated by going through on amber.

I

If the lights weren't on Red when you crossed you should be ok - I think that it is based on the front wheels anyway. Certainly once your whole car has gone over the line you are no longer 'controlled' by the lights, so for example if you have gone through a light on green but stopped because of a traffic queue, you can carry on once the traffic clears even if the light is on red - although obviously it isn't always safe.

my friends mum had her back wheels just on the line when the camera activate, literally just touching she appealed and lost. so it goes on the back wheels too!

my friends mum had her back wheels just on the line when the camera activate, literally just touching she appealed and lost. so it goes on the back wheels too!
It's not where she was, it's the colour of the light that counts as she passed, that's why she lost.