The egg and chip gang ? !

Just been talking to a bloke , hes a friend of my husbands and he mentioned he was part of the famous Egg and Chip gang :confused:

He said when the miners strike was on him and five others nicked a lorry full of eggs and a lorry full of potatoes .They then emptied the lorries then took them back to where they'd stole them from so the drivers could still work . They shared all the eggs and spuds they,d nicked between all the miners who were on strike and had no money .All they ate for the next few weeks was egg and chips and thats why they got their name .

Now i think its total bullpoo but he swears blind its true , anyone else got any opinions on this ????????

Karen X

It was around the same time that the newspaper lorry lost it's load, they found out that a Mrs Smith had opened a chip shop & was providing meals for people who had, had their electricity & gas turned off. she still lives in what is today called Chip Pan Alley.

Marvelous how people look after one another in times of need, but it was really nothing to get eggcited about, but the story is true, trust me, why do you think I got sent here ?

Archived