Forced marriages in the news again

Yes, I am, because you are talking your shy, yet again.

The lady in question is British born (Derby, actually) ethnic Indian, just FYI, and Sikh. ( You might be able to hold two nationalities, but you can't be born in two places)

What happened to her and her sister was dreadful, Though my take on it would be, if my family told me "you are dead to us", is simple. "Stuff off, then, I'm better off without you!". and her sister, to be made to think self-immolation is better than to leave an abusive spouse, ... Dear God!

It might be easy to say "Stuff off", but if you have been brought up, with respect for your parents, and been put down because you are female for your entire life, and told by the entire family to be respectful to you elders etc. It wouldn't be that easy surely?

I agree the first generation to emigrate will be stuck in the old ways, but maybe it isn't that easy for a girl to rebel as she won't know much else if she isn't allowed to interact with her friends out of school. Things aren't always black and white. I think if parents brought their sons up to respect women rather than belittle them or treat them like chattles it would be a lot more constructive, however I don't think hat wil happen in the near future, sadly!

Cobblers, ricgem, as usual. I know of quite a few white English women forced back into an abusive relationship. It's not the sole domain of those "dirty pakis" you know.
what by their parents :huh:.but the topic of the thread is about asian women being forced into marriage but you can try and twist it anyway you like (pity you just cant see it)

Of course it's hard to cut ties with family, blood IS always thicker than water... but if the subject of cutting oneself off from one's family revolved around any other matter, say, the daughter suffering sexual abuse, would you hesitate in advising her to cut ties?

what by their parents :huh:.but the topic of the thread is about asian women being forced into marriage but you can try and twist it anyway you like (pity you just cant see it)

It's a pity you can't see things for your rush to post your polemic.

but you and i know that your family would never ask you to do that would they because your english and we dont force our children to marry someone they dont have to so what you say about the stuff off business is just a front because you know it would never happen

Go-on, then ... I'll buy it... what colour IS the sky in your world?

Of course it's hard to cut ties with family, blood IS always thicker than water... but if the subject of cutting oneself off from one's family revolved around any other matter, say, the daughter suffering sexual abuse, would you hesitate in advising her to cut ties?
stick to the topic and stop trying to change it your sinking with every word you type . like i said you cant see it

Archived