Do you believe in life after death?

I would like to think that there is something 'out there' and that we get spiritually recycled. OK, I'm in the minority but somehow the universe was created - from nothing, as to create matter you have to have raw materials. If the universe wasn't created from nothing, then its always been here. It is said that life on earth is a product of evolution. But who or what put the first seeds in place?

We can't have evolved from a vacuum. The ball has to be started rolling somehow. If God put all the seeds of life in place from which everything has evolved, then who put God there? You can't create God out of nothing. So, if it is true that you can't create matter out of nothing, then we're not here.

I would like to think that there is something 'out there' and that we get spiritually recycled. OK, I'm in the minority but somehow the universe was created - from nothing, as to create matter you have to have raw materials. If the universe wasn't created from nothing, then its always been here. It is said that life on earth is a product of evolution. But who or what put the first seeds in place?

We can't have evolved from a vacuum. The ball has to be started rolling somehow. If God put all the seeds of life in place from which everything has evolved, then who put God there? You can't create God out of nothing. So, if it is true that you can't create matter out of nothing, then we're not here.

But whoever stated that you can't create matter out of nothing was human and, by his own argument, he can't therefore exist. And if he didn;t exist then he can't ever have said you can't create matter out of nothing so...er...my brain hurts.

I think we can place too much importance on the idea that we might have an afterlife, or a better life in heaven. I think it is important to value what we have while we are here rather than hoping for something better afterdeath. Although it is nice to think we will go somewhere after death, what if we just die?

It is believed that Dark Matter & Dark Energy fill our universe, they are superimposed on us and flow through us unimpeded. The formation of structure (galaxies/stars/planets) and even evolution may also have taken place in the Dark universe. There may be invisible beings all around us and moving through us. They may be sufficiently advanced to interface with our universe, capture our brain state and provide a medium in which it can continue to function after death.

Sounds far fetched I know but at least it's a mechanism, something which faiths and wishful thinking conspicuously leave out.

• 4 years later...
Do you believe in life after death?

Personally,i don't.I think when you die you are just gone and that's it.

I don't believe in ghosts,coming back as another person and all that rubbish!!

What do you think?:suspect:

The truth is, we just dont know. Nobody knows. That is the answer to your question.:)

Couple of things for certain - you decompose, might be burnt, whatever.

Your remembered by others, and your actions are too.

Consider Confucious, and the size of the building in his honour, the amount of of his descendants buried along with him in the graveyard.

And so many others.

Archived