Do you believe in life after death?

Not sure so much if I believe, would I like to think there is then that's different; and my answer would be yes.

By the same token, we know when we are alive, do we know that we've died; I wonder?:o

I've never really 'hoped' for life after death, I'd be quite happy to believe that we just die when we die, I just don't.

I don't think we are (or could be) concious of being 'dead', some schools of Buddhism believe we can, but not all, and the Bible says that we are unconcious as in a deep sleep.

The crux is what you mean by 'when we have died', because for most religions 'death' is not necessarily the same state as 'life after death'. In the Bible we are told that 'after' the state of 'sleep' we will be ressurected to be judged, in Buddhism after death we are reborn, but there is a stage of unconciousness, and then there's the whole crack about people that believe in ghosts and spirits which is another ball park entirely.

In short, from a genral religious perspective death is a 'stage' of non awareness which can be either permanent or temporary.

i can totally appreciate why people can think that there is something after death, as i do in a way i suppose, ive seen things too that i know wern't just my imagination, ive had strange experiences too that frightened me to death, but ask youself a question, do you think it always seems to be the good ones that die first????? i do, thats how it seems to me anyway, so that makes me ask myself, why and so is there something after life. i believe life is a test. what happens after, is down to you. im a rite freak arnt i lol x

...By the same token, we know when we are alive, do we know that we've died; I wonder?:o

Given that the mass of neurochemical-soaked jelly in your skull will be rapidly descending into putrefaction, I'd say the answer to that is a big no.

Archived