Do you believe in life after death?

I have an unorthodox view on the after-life. I don't believe in god, nor do I believe in a heaven or hell. I believe that there is more to us than our physical bodies and we go on after our death. The best Analogy is that of a caterpillar and a butterfly. Its as if there is something just beyond our grasp for a reason, behind a flimsy curtain, something to make us push and strive to know more.

Of course not' date=' I'm an adult. If you believe in a god, an afterlife or fairies in your garden then you are mentally ill. I'm sorry to be blunt but that's the way it is and in time, humanity will look back on you with pity.[/quote']

My best friends dad just died and she is in bits. She hopes he has gone to a better place. Shall I show them your (and others) post as brutal slap in the face to bring them back from their grief ?

If you don't to believe in anything, fine you might well be right. But to tear strips of people who do is hateful. It's a horrible thing to do.

My best friends dad just died and she is in bits. She hopes he has gone to a better place. Shall I show them your (and others) post as brutal slap in the face to bring them back from their grief ?

If you don't to believe in anything, fine you might well be right. But to tear strips of people who do is hateful. It's a horrible thing to do.

Well about the people I mentioned in my post, and other sharletons who have been exploiting the berieved for years and years and just get a way with it, Achora and his mob do live shows and tv shows, I bet they go back stage after a show and have a right laugh about who they have just had going, they want locking up for fraud, taking money off berieved people has got to be deception of the highest order, :suspect:

I apologise, maybe my original post was a little harsh but I don't believe people should delude themselves whatever the situation.

Once again, apologies for "tearing strips of people", I am only expressing a viewpoint, a viewpoint many scientists and humanists take.

I apologise, maybe my original post was a little harsh but I don't believe people should delude themselves whatever the situation.

Once again, apologies for "tearing strips of people", I am only expressing a viewpoint, a viewpoint many scientists and humanists take.

Apologies accepted. I'm not saying your humanist viewpoint is wrong either. None us know. We could ascend like they do in stargate, which would be cool. My main boggle is when believers have to mock, or in the recent case in Libya, persecute or attack those who disagree.

Live and let live.

Archived