Do you believe in life after death?

Do you believe in life after death?

Personally,i don't.I think when you die you are just gone and that's it.

I don't believe in ghosts,coming back as another person and all that rubbish!!

What do you think?:suspect:

I've never had any reason to believe there is "life after death" (in the spiritual sense), so therefore simply don't have that belief. I don't see how people can be ignorant enough to say there definitely is nothing though, or call others mentally ill for believing.

Do you also think, like me, that they should stop showing the national lottery on telly? That's also a form of fraud as it extracts, on a weekly basis, huge amounts of cash from vulnerable people who lack a basic understanding of probability odds, thus exploiting them.

You could argue that they choose to watch it and give their money, but, then again, people choose to watch the medium programs as well, so that won't really cut it.

It isn't fraud if the process does what it says on the tin, ie the lottery. People not understanding how it works does not make it fraud, the lottery makes no false claims (to my knowledge) about how it works.

Mediums, on the other hand, tend not to explain much at all about the service they are providing or how it works. I've never had reason to believe any of them are honest, but I have had reason, from experience, to believe that at least some (if not all) either run a scam, or are duped into believing they have these "powers" of mediumship by the "psychic schools" where you can apparently learn to become psychic.

(side note for another thread: if somebody believes that they are telling the truth, but it is actually a lie, are they a liar?)

The terms mentally ill and delusional used to describe someone with a religious belief, seem to be spreading around from one thread to another lately.

Religion by definition is delusional. To be a believer, one has to convince onself that issues of faith without a shred of supporting evidence are 'truths'. Religion is built on such delusions and requires faith because it has no evidence for any of its assertions.

Have you thought what living for eternity would really mean? Are you not terrified of the prospect?

No not thought about it because I dont know if we do or not so not going to worry myself thinking about it either so no not terrified at all I find it comforting tbh.

I hope I get to see the loved ones I have lost again....it maybe aload of trollocks but until I die (which I hope is a very long time from now) then no one will find out.

Religion by definition is delusional. To be a believer, one has to convince onself that issues of faith without a shred of supporting evidence are 'truths'. Religion is built on such delusions and requires faith because it has no evidence for any of its assertions.

You sound like a person of absolute certainty,they're are a lot of you about.

Archived