Can we start laughing at Leeds United yet?

BasilRathbon

All Owls & Blades, however intense the rivalry is, how passionate we get about getting one over on each other, slagging each other to the hilt, lets get together & laugh at Leeds. Well done Donny Rovers for silencing the media, especially Radio 5 who were bigging up Leeds & expecting them to win & it was all talk of them!! Up your BBC !!

4 Yorkshire teams in the Championship & all from South Yorks :)

They're just a small team in the sticks!!

You're a bit late, mate.

There's been one going for a few weeks.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=318988

Beware, what goes around comes round.

Wednesday were lucky to get out of league 1 via play offs three years ago.

Might not be next time round, if that is where we end up in twelve month's time, which is more than a possibility unless problems within the club are sorted out.

But, well done to Donny, and I wish them well next season as long it is not at Wednesday's expense.

yeh, well as i posted i saw 1 thread grr, delete it or whatever!!

well i guess it came around when we were there last time, so it's going around this time hehe!

If we don't learn from mistakes & this happens again, it would a disgrace. But thats what our board are & as soon as they are under 100% new ownership, the better, but thats another thread i guess!!

I only moved to Sheffield a fortnight ago. I had no idea either Sheffield team hated us so much. I'm somewhat flattered, in much the same way that I was in Bradford, that you all feel so strongly about Leeds, when really don't care about you lot. Maybe you're all just jealous that at some point we've won things. Although that all seems a long, long time ago now, and now we're a bit rubbish. (although we did get 91 points and therefore did deserve to go up, and anyone who disagrees clearly doesn't have a clue).

It's not just us, you know :)

They're the Gordon Brown of football, everyone hates them, no-one quite knows why ... :hihi:

I know, it's odd. When we were winning things I could understand it. There's always a painful jealousy that people feel, which is why everyone hates Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool. Although oddly nobody seems to dislike Arsenal. But I'd have thought that now we've disappeared into irrelevant obscurity everyone would've had a quick point and giggle at us and forgotten about the whole thing, as has happened with Millwall. But evidently the Owls and Blades feel otherwise. And the Bradford fans, although that's just funny as they seem to forget they're in a division below us!

I know, it's odd. When we were winning things I could understand it. There's always a painful jealousy that people feel, which is why everyone hates Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool. Although oddly nobody seems to dislike Arsenal. But I'd have thought that now we've disappeared into irrelevant obscurity everyone would've had a quick point and giggle at us and forgotten about the whole thing, as has happened with Millwall. But evidently the Owls and Blades feel otherwise. And the Bradford fans, although that's just funny as they seem to forget they're in a division below us!

It's not odd really, there are good reasons for it. As a fan, you won't be able to see why, I suppose.

You mention ManU, not everyone hates them, they have a wide fan base, but even their fans hate you ... look on YouTube and see the numerous clips of them chanting ... sorry! :)

There are a number of reasons Sheffield fans hate Leeds so much.

Not just because they are local.

And not just because they are very arrogant - they've spent as many years of the last 25 out of the top flight as all the other 'big clubs' in the region, yet they still try to tell us they are the regions only massive club.

For me it's primarily down to regional TV coverage. An example being Look North (I mean Look Leeds) who have always had a huge fixation with Leeds United. When Leeds won promotion to the old League one in 1990, Look Leeds featured it for 25 minutes of the 30 on that evenings show, and then had 2 minutes about Sheffield United, who'd also won promotion to the top flight. Yorskshire TV famously decided not to show Wednesday lifting the League Cup in 1991 and showed War of the Monster Trucks instead - all other TV regions stayed with the League Cup Final. It's gone on for years, and it's the same now as it has ever been. It's this kind of Leeds bias on the media, and the delusion that 50,000 regular football fans in Sheffield are less important than 30,000 regular fans in Leeds, that makes me hate Leeds so much.

That and the fact that you are all dirty. :hihi:

But I can assure you it's not down to jealousy.

It's not odd really, there are good reasons for it. As a fan, you won't be able to see why, I suppose.

Well I understand our supporters had something of a reputation during the Revie years for being a set of thugs, which was before my time, but I've not seen much since I've been going to see Leeds (since around 95) that would cause so much hatred. The invasion against Ipswich last season was uncalled for, but a very small minority that were heavily condemned by both the club and all of the 'real' fans. Prior to that, the only major problem event I recall was the UEFA Cup semi-final against Galatasary, in which two of our fans were murdered, hardly our fault!

But despite drastic improvement, it seems the hate never stops. Even the football league are inventing new rules as they go along to stop us getting promoted!

You mention ManU, not everyone hates them, they have a wide fan base, but even their fans hate you ... look on YouTube and see the numerous clips of them chanting ... sorry! :)

I know they hate us, that's understandable. It's the whole War of the Roses thing, the most successful team in Lancashire and the most successful team in Yorkshire (even though no longer the best). But I was under the impression everyone hated them. Partly for their never-ending success, partly because of a succession of easily hatable players (Keane, Ronaldo etc) and partly for starting the trend of putting football to the back of the business plan to shift more merchandise. And also mainly because every away ground I go the home fans start a rousing chorus of "if you hate Man U stand up".

Archived