Can we start laughing at Leeds United yet?

BasilRathbon

I only moved to Sheffield a fortnight ago. I had no idea either Sheffield team hated us so much. I'm somewhat flattered, in much the same way that I was in Bradford, that you all feel so strongly about Leeds, when really don't care about you lot. Maybe you're all just jealous that at some point we've won things.

In my experience Leeds are hated pretty much everywhere and not just by fans of 'smaller' clubs, Redcafe for example have a 'Leedswatch' thread stickied to the top of the general football forum purely so United fans can laugh at Leeds. That never happened when clubs of similar stature such as Forest and Wednesday when they took a trip down to the 3rd division.

Leeds are hated beyond anything which simple local rivalry and 'jealously' can explain and so far as I can tell it's simply because the behaviour of Leeds FC and it's fans positively invites loathing.

Although that all seems a long, long time ago now, and now we're a bit rubbish. (although we did get 91 points and therefore did deserve to go up, and anyone who disagrees clearly doesn't have a clue).

Yeah it was so unfair the way the rules were applied to you despite your boards pitiful attempts to find a loophole :roll:

But TV will never make anyone happy. It used to annoy me 8 years ago when we were good and playing the most attractive football in the country that we would get shunted down the list on MOTD behind MU, Arsenal and Liverpool, irresective of scores or quality of football.

Too true the joyless United of Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, Solskaer... and Arsenal of such dull journeymen as Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Lungberg... just didn't approach the breathtaking attacking football of Smith, Bowyer, Viduka.. :loopy:

Talk about delusional arrogance.

Now come on guys, the lad's only defending his team ... it's just a pity that he's chosen the wrong team and the wrong forum to do it ...

He's Sheffield now, so he might in time learn the error of his ways and even become a Blade ... like all right minded people should be :P

*runs and hides before the wrath of the Wendy is called down upon her defenceless head :hihi:

Archived