Can we start laughing at Leeds United yet?

BasilRathbon

He's got a point; I doubt whether Barcelona could have got anything from Cheltenham Town and I think Real Madrid would have had a fight to overcome Port Vale at the Nou Camp. And does anyone seriously think Juventus would nick three points at Crewe Alexandra?

At last, an intelligent post by Rathbone, been waiting months for one of those from the resident SF "gagmaster".

Maybe they couldn't have.

But neither did you. :hihi:

Strictly speaking doesn't "turning around" a 15 point deficit merely involve getting to +15? In which case we did.

Strictly speaking doesn't "turning around" a 15 point deficit merely involve getting to +15? In which case we did.

My 'translation' of his post was overturning the -15 point start, and THEN achieving targets - promotion in this case.

If overturning a -15 start was simply to achieve reaching +15, then I think it's fair to say that I'm sure the teams he quotes - Man U, Barca etc. would have achieved that.

Either way, he looks a bit of a numpty.

Why is that arrogant. We could beat any team in the world on current form. Barca, Man Utd, AC Milan. We are on a par now, if not better. None of those teams could have turned the 15 point defecit round like us.

By the way. Juventus were relegated to the second tier of Italian football (still higher than League 1 relatively speaking) for the 2006/7 season, with a 9 point deduction.

They won the league as champions. 6 points clear of the second place with a vastly superior goal difference.

So even if they'd had 15 points deducted like Leeds, they would have still been champions of their second tier.

So next time you come out with your irrelevant crap that no one could have achieved what Leeds did, try looking up the facts first.

I don't think he can handle things like 'facts' anymore, losing to Doncaster and facing yet another season of comedic failure in the 3rd tier has clearly been too much for what was already a seriously addled mind and he's completely lost it.

By the way. Juventus were relegated to the second tier of Italian football (still higher than League 1 relatively speaking) for the 2006/7 season, with a 9 point deduction.

They won the league as champions. 6 points clear of the second place with a vastly superior goal difference.

So even if they'd had 15 points deducted like Leeds, they would have still been champions of their second tier.

So next time you come out with your irrelevant crap that no one could have achieved what Leeds did, try looking up the facts first.

Serie B is not as hard a league as League One. My point stands.

Serie B is not as hard a league as League One. My point stands.

Yeah I'm sure Trezeguet, Del Piero, Nedved... would really have struggled against the likes of Carlisle United :roll:

Anyway on the subject of overcoming deficits when Roy Keane took over Sunderland they had an effective 15 point penalty after Quinn led them to 5 straigh defeats and Keane led Sunderland to win the Championship, are you going to tell us that league 1 is harder than the Championship now?

Yeah I'm sure Trezeguet, Del Piero, Nedved... would really have struggled against the likes of Carlisle United :roll:

Beckford, Marques, Howson. As good if not better than the above quoted players.

Archived