Can we start laughing at Leeds United yet?

BasilRathbon

Much as I hate to keep bringing this thread back, as a Hereford United fan, I can't let my team's latest win over the once mighty Leeds United last night pass without comment.

Less than 8 years ago, while Leeds were cheating battling their way through to the semi-finals of the Champions League, Hereford were a non-league club in dire financial straits and being beaten by the likes of Barrow, Leek Town and Leigh RMI. Not only are we now playing Leeds at the same level but we've played them 4 times in the last year and a bit, beaten them twice and kept three clean sheets!

As the match report from the Yorkshire Post shows, last night's result was the last straw for the few remaining Leeds fans, who were reduced to chanting "We're **** and we're sick of it" at the end of the game. If you'd like even more of a giggle, why not visit the Leeds United forum? As the language is rather fruity I won't link to it directly but if you type "WACCOE" into your favourite search engine, you'll get there.

How much lower can they sink? :hihi:

Much as I hate to keep bringing this thread back, as a Hereford United fan, I can't let my team's latest win over the once mighty Leeds United last night pass without comment.

Less than 8 years ago, while Leeds were cheating battling their way through to the semi-finals of the Champions League, Hereford were a non-league club in dire financial straits and being beaten by the likes of Barrow, Leek Town and Leigh RMI. Not only are we now playing Leeds at the same level but we've played them 4 times in the last year and a bit, beaten them twice and kept three clean sheets!

As the match report from the Yorkshire Post shows, last night's result was the last straw for the few remaining Leeds fans, who were reduced to chanting "We're **** and we're sick of it" at the end of the game. If you'd like even more of a giggle, why not visit the Leeds United forum? As the language is rather fruity I won't link to it directly but if you type "WACCOE" into your favourite search engine, you'll get there.

As a Peterborough United fan we are loving the demise of Leeds United, we were robbed a few weeks ago at there place :rant:

The only thing that makes them look good is Beckford

Im so happy Hereford beat Dirty Leeds last night :thumbsup:

However we play Hereford on Saturday so were hoping we get the 3 points not them :D

There is no limit to how low we can sink. By all accounts you were much the better team, congratulations on the win. A couple of weeks ago after a short good run when we were two points off the playoff zone with two games in hand I thought things were going to start going well again. Now we're five points off on level games and losing to teams in the relegation zone and it's going from bad to worse again. To call it embarrassing is an understatement, but I'm not going to try make excuses, there aren't any.

....... Not only are we now playing Leeds at the same level but we've played them 4 times in the last year and a bit, beaten them twice and kept three clean sheets!

Not getting bored yet then, Basil?

Actually, it doesn't surprise me that the citizens of Leeds have some respect for Hereford, as it is probably one of the few areas of Britain which can produce almost as much bull excrement as they do.

Indeed. On the plus side, at least we have one claim to fame; we must surely now top the world league for ratio of city size to footballing irrelevance :)

Nice try, but the US has lots of big cities, all of which are irrelevant on the world stage at just about any major sport you care to mention, never mind football.

We'll let you top the European league for ratio of city size to footballing irrelevance though.....;)

Archived