Melting chocolate in a microwave..

Ok, so I want to make coco-pop or rice crispie buns with dairy milk and cashew nuts. Yum. How do I melt chocolate in the microwave?

I don't have a cooker for a few days and fancy a treat. I tried to melt it in microwave once and it scorched and let off a funny smell

Put the choc in a dish, then fill a bowl of boiling water and put the dish over it. For gods sake don't put the chocolate into the water!!!! It would be better on the stove top, then you can prod the choc to make it melt quicker.

break up your choccy put in micro for a minute, take out and stir, if the choc has started to melt keep stiring until fully melted, if there are any lumps put in micro again for about 15 secs at a time. Don't overdue it or it won't set properly.

When you have made the buns, let me know, i'll be straight over to sample.x

Yes, do be careful with choc and microwave! I once fancied some chocolate sauce on my ice cream, so I lobbed a small bar of plain choc in the microwave and it went horribly lumpy and granular!

Now I microwave it for a few seconds at a time and stir vigorously between heatings.

Or you could boil a kettle and pour the hot water into a bowl then put a smaller bowl with the chocolate in the top? Should work - might require one change of boiling water when it cools down but would give better results than microwaving.

Archived