Grenoside history

whilst having a nice afternoon stroll with the dog over grenoside, me and my partner came accross some old ruins right at the top of the hill up from holly house on hill top lane. We searched in the old ruins looking down what seemed to be an old cellar and were trying to figure out what it once stood as. My partner seems to think they maybe old bunkers or ammunition dumps.

We also came across an old well which looked extremely dangerous (be warned any ramblers and dog walkers!) It was a simply a hole in the ground which was mostly grown over with grass and brambles. We nearly didn't see it at first but luckily we did and managed not to loose the dog down it! I cleared the area and threw a rock down into the hole and the water below was quite deep.

I would love to know anymore info about it and what it once stood as. I have read a few reports which say it may have been an old farmhouse. If anyone has any info please let me know.

One day when I am a millionaire me and my better half are going to buy this land and build a big cottage over looking the city :D

Archived