The secret life of internet forums - people who make up aliases

ive NEVER used another name on any site online...im always me........i 100% stand behind everything i post...nothing to hide

Totally agree with that comment!!!

I have always said that whatever you type on here, you should be able to say that to that persons face. If not one day they will catch up with you

It's an interesting issue. There are soem folks who need to use aliases on sites to avoid issues surrounding their jobs, but I've always wondered what the Net would be like if we all had to at least register our real name with the site administrators of every site we posted on - or with a third party system.

Would it make a difference though, because the majority of forum users would still have an alias username. :confused:

Are these the same people who watch the freeviews on the adult channels? Ain't it up to the admin and mods to stop people joining up more then once. I know i share the same computer with Bwitched but we did ask permission first ;) honest

...It's an interesting issue. There are soem folks who need to use aliases on sites to avoid issues surrounding their jobs, but I've always wondered what the Net would be like if we all had to at least register our real name with the site administrators of every site we posted on - or with a third party system. ...
I've wondered that too JoeP, in nightmares caused by too much blue cheese and red wine! I guess that if this ever happens, we'll be writing in newspeak, and it won't be trippleplusgood!

Indeed...definitely someone who needed to get out more. :)

Indeed.

He did eventually, got divorced and moved in with one of the other guys on there he'd been mates with for a while, got a social life and hardly went in anymore.

Funny old world.

Id love to be able to make something up about myself, after all, I live far enough away to be able to probably get away with it.

Trouble is, its too late for me now, you all know what a jet-set lifestyle I lead, I even got as far as Morrisons yesterday.

People in the same city who try it on a forum of that city must be constantly in fear of being discovered.

I used to use a chat room a long long time ago and it's now defunct.

Anyway, some fella in there by the name of Chosen1 used to flirt quite a lot, which was fine and he and I developed a rapport. Well, him being psycho and me being me, he decided to test how much I was inclined to flirt with people, which was very little at all really. There had been a group of regular users who chatted all the time for quite a while and we all knew each other as well as some of the regs on SF.

Anyway, he used to log in a talk to me as various people and I would be none the wiser until I eventually noticed his style and choice of words.

I realised he was a nutter at that point and bagn to cut down on chats. He got nuttier.

Eventually he turned up at a meet in London and was even worse than I ever imagined. He described himself as average height, muscular, dark and handsome.

In fact he was about 4ft 8 in, a distinctly rotund figure, similar features to Jabba The Hut and greasy as hell.

A complete loony who had developed some sort of possesive streak via the internet.:loopy::loopy:

Archived