Bombay Duck, Flock Wallpaper...where's the best old school Indian restaurant?

Alastair

theres one off eccashall road.near hunters bar roundabout dont know name its if you came out of old less car pub front door look to your right its on the corner past the pub before the buchers.food not bad too

I know the one you mean, but it too had a makeover. It's now called the Mogul Rooms and it all turned a bit "Contemporay Indian". I was in there recently and it was OKish, but the food was all a bit bland in the modern style.

If you are prepared to travel, there's one on the Hgh St (coming out of) Swanage.

We went a few years ago & it was fantastic - sooooooo early 1980's with grinning nodding waiters & the chain-smoking chef stood out in the car park looking like a Tamil Tiger.

Hope this works >> The Golden Bengal

Have to add it was a good 8 years ago, they could have had the decorators in since. :)

Swanage might be a bit far for a night out...

My current favourite is The Prince of India in Gloucestershire, a little closer, but still too far. It's so much stuck in a 1970's time warp that I'm considering starting a campaign to get the National Trust to take it on and preserve it. The locals know a good thing and it's always busy, even on a wet Monday in winter.

theres one off eccashall road.near hunters bar roundabout dont know name its if you came out of old less car pub front door look to your right its on the corner past the pub before the buchers.food not bad too

That's a good one, when I'm in Sheffield I take friends round late on and get them to stay open for me, great food.

Archived