New Ecclesall Rd. Tapas Restaurant - formerly 365

mossdog

I'm surprised it was allowed so much pavement space ....

I think they've moved the front back a bit and changed what was a ramp and porch type area into the outside terrace bit, so they haven't actually built any further forward than it was before. Still looks godawful though!

It's actually a monument to Martin Fry out of ABC, who composed their ghit single "Poison Arrow" at that very spot having just missed a number 82 bus into town.

Hence the shape.

Their ghit single?

I thought it was very good.

It's actually a monument to Martin Fry out of ABC, who composed their ghit single "Poison Arrow" at that very spot having just missed a number 82 bus into town.

Hence the shape.

Why isn't there a blue plaque there? Surely a worthy candidate for one, I'm writing to lobby my MP forthwith.

But seriously, does the outside of a restaurant have much bearing on whether you go in or not? As long as it looks clean and un-tacky, that's all I really look for. Looks like quite an expensive use of time for very little. But then there are two threads on here discussing it, so at least it's getting people's attention.

Archived