New Ecclesall Rd. Tapas Restaurant - formerly 365

mossdog

Well, first of all there's the Mexican Tapas label...hmmm. That's not so different to the special Italian and Mexican combos that exist out there and get it wrong.

Then there's the fact that I have never, ever eaten real Mexican or Tex-mex food anywhere in this country. Ever. And I've given up hope.

Now to be fair, what they sell as Tex-mex or Mexican can be quite tasty in it's own right, which is nice...but if what you're looking for is real Tex-mex or Mexican (which is what I want) you will be disappointed.

My husband has enjoyed our rare trips to Mexican restaurants in Britain, and hates me criticising the fact that the food isn't right - but hey, they're advertising Mexican, i want Mexican. Not pseudo Italian/Mexican, not pseudo Spanish/Mexican, not something cooked up by an adventurous Aussie. Just yummy, much-missed Mexican.

LOL - rant over...

It's not like Ecklesall Road is an area of outstanding architecture or anything, most of the shops/restaurants are pretty ordinary.

I agree with Cozywolf though, it won't be very authentic, most English people wouldn't like real Mexican food.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone been to this new place or know anything about it? I drove past today but didn't catch the name if anyone knows it, it would be useful. Thanks

I don't think it's opened yet, think it's soon though. Not sure of it's name but I think it's having a Mexican/Spanish twist to the food. It's a partnership between the guy from Ashoka and Menzels.

Hope it's good, I love tapas.

Archived