New Ecclesall Rd. Tapas Restaurant - formerly 365

mossdog

Yeah, it's a bar.. that gives free soft drinks when you buy food.. bit of a problem with the business model there methinks..

I realise I'm coming off a bit negative towards this place, but I think it's just disappointment at seeing someone get a mexican sooo very wrong, I've been to the real thing in in Mexico, and the relaxed westernised version on the west coast of the US, and they've got this place all wrong, this is not a relaxing place for a beer & some nachos (When they have some).

The bar takes up too much space in the main area, there are too many staff wandering about but none of them serving, it's such a simple concept to get right! a plate of cheesy nachos & a bottle of beer should not be hard work.

Maybe when they've settled down and found a groove it'll be ok.

It's yummy!! They have delicious cocktails made with fresh fruit (my favourite) and Mexican food (not tapas). Its quick tasty healthy food and I've already been twice since it opened 2 weeks ago (it was busy both times)! Bite the bullet and give it a try! x

• 3 months later...

Its excellent fast food. Good value. Tasty.

Much tastier and healthier than the stuff that the mexican chains in town serve.

The owner introduced himself to me last night and asked if I had any ideas to improve the food or menu. They're a new place and working hard to get even better.

Don't listen to the naysayers. If you like Mexican food, give Abuelo a try.

• 4 months later...
What do you think of the carbuncle(only way to describe it) under construction at the corner of Ecclesall/ Hickmott Road. I believe this was the old 543 diner! Have the planners gone mad again,allowing this discraceful structure to be built?It looks like some"Adobe Hacienda" disneyworld dream by some chav on hard drugs to us, and completely stands out like a sore thumb! Well done Sheffield planning department once again!

It's a Licensed Burrito Bar Not a Tapas Place LOL! Try it you might like it the nachos with melted cheese are Sublime!

Archived