Best Pool Table In West St/City Centre

Can somebody recommend a pub/bar in this area that has good pool tables?

By good I mean not American (so that rules out The Common Room!).

You remember the good old days, green baize, red and yellow balls, SMALL pockets. Any pointers appreciated!

good question, it is one i have been trying to find out my self.

The cavendish has about four towards the back, probally not in that great a condition though-not dreadful though.

i believe there are plans to open a rileys on west street (oppersite walkabout) there has been a sign up for ages but i haven't seen or heard anything as of yet to say when it opens.

Yeah I had thought of The Cavendish, but the tables in there aren't in the best of condition (and that's being polite). I know Riley's usually have a mix of American and English pool, but seeing as I need one last weekend in March I can't see them miraculously opening before then!

Thanks for the tips! Anyone else?

I'm sure the common room has a one or two english pool tables, of the put-money-in-and-play variety. I imagine they'd be in better condition than the cavendish, although last time i was there one had been temporarily turned into a table tennis table.

There is one upstairs at Dempseys, as the upstairs is open only from about 9, it is best if you take out club membership to use it; the Dempseys one was in a terrible state, but it has just been entirely refurbished with new baize et. al.

While on the subject, do you know of ANYWHERE around the city centre which has BAR BILLIARDS? I remember playing it at a club in Bradford over 20 years ago and it became something of an addiction, but since then I have never seen it anywhere else.

Archived