Praise for TGI Fridays

Had a meal at TGI fridays on a sat evening a few weeks ago and i must say i was really impressed! i have never visited this american style resturant before and was a little unsure before i went.

I was pleasently surprised. The atmosphere was exciting, great for kids (especially if its their birthday! As the staff sing happy birthday to them-this did happen about 5 times during our stay)

The food was good, the Jack Daniels sesame chicken strips were lovely. I would say a little expensive however the two courses for £10 is a great deal (mon-thurs)

The decor was colorful with an american theme. The guys at the cocktail bar were very friendly and enjoyed showing off their bar skills. Over all the staff really seemed to be enjoying their jobs which is great to see. And our waitress Selina was great, she was very friendly and efficent even though it was clear that she was very busy!

Frankie & Bennys is Italian American style, TGI Fridays is pure Americano style.

But both are pretty horrible (and vastly overpriced) compared to real restaurants/diners in the US.

I thought it was pretty rubbish when I went. :dunno: Got salmon with Jack Daniels sauce, and the salmon itself was reasonable, but everything else was pretty dire (beans were chewy and everything has so much pepper on I had to leave everything apart from the salmon.

Service wasn't too bad I suppose though.

You lot are rajed if you think TGI's is the definition of a great meal!!

Get yourselves to a real restaurant where you wont have a heart attack 5 mins after leaving!

i know the food is unhealthy, not saying it was the best meal i have had i expected burgers and chips. it was more the atmosphere and friendly and happy staff i was complimenting. It makes the experience better if the staff are enthusiastic.

Archived