'Affinity' has changed ownership

Carborundum

You'll be lucky!!! support and some of the Sheffield gays should not even be put in the same sentence. To be honest though, its nice when the little queens do run off to Manchester et al. at least we dont have to put up with men looking like girls in girls clothes with girls voices screaming round slaging everyone and their dogs off!!!

I know, before anyone says anything, that I am doing too!

I am off on Friday or Saturday, I hope!, will grag a few people out too!

Affinity is closing. I think that's a shame.

I have never been one for Sheffield gay bars. I have always found them to be grubby. Finally Sheffield had a really nice venue, with lovely decor and a great atmosphere, instead of a back street, hidden away grotty bar/club. I have actually been to Affinity more than any other gay bar since it opened and its a real shame that the managment cant bring in the customers. Gay people have never supported gay venues, which I cant understand. They always end up back at the DUMPS, what a hoval, its bloody awful. Why? What's wrong with the GAYS of Sheffield?

Let's face it. Sheffield will never have a good gay scene unless someone buys a plot of land and actually buys a gay scene for us all. Its no good having bars scattered around sheffield, the scene needs to have 5 or 6 nice bars some cafes and restaurants with a great club all in the same area, then it just might work.

Affinity SheffieldNew Lease Estimated Ingoings: £21,000

Description of Pub

Currently named Affinity and previously traded as Boho, this site has a superb location on Campo Lane, close to all the main professional city businesses, such as solicitors, accountants and estate agents. This is an impressive and quite uniquely designed business opportunity.

Trade Area

There is one large horseshoe shaped bar servery and the contemporary customer area is ideal for entertainment and dining. A large catering kitchen is fully fitted with a range of stainless steel equipment. There are ladies, gents and disabled toilet facilities on the ground floor. Forming part of a much larger building, the business area takes up all of the ground floor with a small domestic living area above.

Further Details

We are seeking an operator with real vision to identify a gap in the local market and create a unique business formula to establish new trade. Historically this business has successfully traded a quality lunchtime food offer and evening entertainment.

Pub Character: Young Venue

Food Offering: Restaurant

House Reference: WSS_019068

Contact the Recruitment Team on:

Tel: 0800 9530072

Surprisingly the rent is quite reasonable, maybe I should get everything they close!

You'll be lucky!!! support and some of the Sheffield gays should not even be put in the same sentence. To be honest though, its nice when the little queens do run off to Manchester et al. at least we dont have to put up with men looking like girls in girls clothes with girls voices screaming round slaging everyone and their dogs off!!!

I couldnt agree more there.

Anyway, I am sad that Affinity is closing as I like the place, but I did notice that when I went (yes I am one of the gays who supports sheffield and not other cities and dont spend all the time bitching on here like some about how crap Sheffield is) it was pretty quiet and couldnt understand how they make money.

The music didnt help either, and I am sure people are getting bored of drag queens.

No doubt Fuel will be going as well.

Can I just add it's the Fuel team who owned this bar and they are notorious for making money (or making lots of debt) and then running off in the middle of the night. They have done this with many a venue from Leceister to Sheffield, just as they did with the orignal fuel. It's more to do with the team who run it then gay people of Sheffield supporting anything.

This is such a shame - I've been a few times with my friends and I've always thought it to be a good bar - only thing was the air conditioning for me. I actually didn't think it was too far out of the way to be honest - and that's in my heels!

haha I agree it is a shame as I like it too and to be honest the drag queens arent too bad, except the excessive use of the smoke machine is a bit much!!!!!

Apparently it is Fuels last night on Saturday, or so I heard. I do slightly agree with Gayham, on they are here to make/loose a quick buck, but that does not account for all the other bars that have shut over the years.

Regulars! thats why, they held their own in the market by creating a fan base, so to speak! and they have never been that nutorius with the "queens", the older clan go there and some of us in their late 20's!!

less said about xes the better, we know why thats still open- out of the way, dark and they donrt sertve alcohol after a certain time, yet everyone is mashed! mmmmmmmmmm

Archived