'Affinity' has changed ownership

Carborundum

ok its truth time this is the first time i have ever put anything on here affinaty is not shut has never closed will very soon be serving food of a very high quality all the bar staff have kept thair jobs new managers are realy nice extreemly aprochable and i no thay are very eager to hear your sujestions i may be a lowly bar man but i love working there for much of my adult life i have felt very exclooded by the gay sceen in sheffield and affinaty is the first place iv felt truly relaxed in i was a customer befor i werked thair and have a good full time job i truly only werk thair cuz i love it also red room formly were the defunk fual nights ere held is open as normal as a gay space it plays dance on a friday and bootleg danced up cart on a sataday its already held a very sucsesful speed queen after party making full us of its new very loud sound system i find it a little sad that the rumer mill has draged through the mud the hard werk of people such as dave baker (affinaty) danny wes and poul (red room managers) affter all dave has decided to stay on at affinaty despite evrything and has been truly suported by affinaty new team sorry to go on but people should be gracus if you wanna no whats happaninbg go in ask we love u

Seems my sources were right.. good look to them they got some interesting plans for the place, vastly different to what people are suggesting on here... good luck guys.

Interesting thread, so where are these new owners from? Have they bought affinity on the basis it was a business doing well and they have bought it? If so why have the brewery put up a sign?

And for its first weekend under its new management not a lot seemed to have changed, have they been contracted to keep the drag queen dj's etc as staff as it people seem to have been posting about its classier route and at least for the first weekend they have been there there has not been one change that we noticed. It would have made sense to close for a few days do the things they were wanting to do and have a re-opening/branding party with their direction clear to all.

A few to many questions to make everything add up from where im standing (or sitting!)

It was always on the cards it wouldn't do well nothing other than climax and xes in sheffield seems to.

On that note i remember a fair few people tearing pieces out of me for suggesting FAB would close and then when it was clear it was closing they carried on doing the same.

I hope they're eating their hats!

I never got chance to goto Affinity as I ended up moving to Brum but next time i'm in sheffield i shall give it a try if it's still there

We didnt go in the end, went straight to Dempseys from the pub we were in.

I did, and it was a great night, packed more than i have ever seen it!

I was there in true drag style, many of the punters though I looked great, and DJ Scott was in good form on the decks!

Damn I missed another truly good night in Dempseys YET AGAIN ! - oh well I am getting of an age where 2 nights on the trot is an effort ... I'll have to try make a Karaoke night soon to whet my tonsils again and entertain you all - its been far too long ..... ! There is just SO much happening in Dempseys I could not possibly go every night unless I had an indestructable liver !

Has anyone met the new owners yet? I have been in several times and it appears still the same. I am interested though as I have never signed up to receive text alerts from affinity and am now receiving them, I am assuming that fuel has kindly donated its text list to the new owners, are clubs allowed to just share details of its customers like this?

Has anyone met the new owners yet? I have been in several times and it appears still the same. I am interested though as I have never signed up to receive text alerts from affinity and am now receiving them, I am assuming that fuel has kindly donated its text list to the new owners, are clubs allowed to just share details of its customers like this?

If you're concerned get in touch with the Information Commissioner... http://www.ico.gov.uk/

I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to just pass around their email/text lists.

I think unless you opted out of having your info passed on it's quite common. I;m on about the type of thing on forms where it says stuff like "We may wish to pass on your details to other companys who may be able top p[rovide you with exclusive information and offers. If you do not want to take advantage of this exciting opportunity please tick this box/ (or 'do not NOT tick this box'... or 'if you do not NOT want to get this junk mail, please dont not leave this box unticked')

I would rather keep up[ to date, i dont care who runs a place as long as there are some good places to go.

Craig

Archived