Memories of The Stonehouse Pub

Trekker

Walking down Church Street the other day for the first time in ages, I notice that the old Stonehouse building is being renovated

It brought back some great memories of the Stonehouse in its heyday - it used to be the place to go in the late 80's before moving on to Cairo Jax

I seem to remember when it first opened, that it reportedly had the longest bar in Europe ?

That end of town used to be a must on a night out - Stonehouse, Gladstones, Wig and Pen, Three Tuns, ...

Anyone else have fond memories?

The Stone House on Church Street was bought by Duncan Gilmour's in 1917

Went to the Cutler's Hall 40 year ago when it was a dance hall had to go to the Stone house for a drink as there no beer in the Cutler's and thats a long time before they put stars up in the Stone house.

My biggest memories of the 'Stonehouse' ?

I worked there and eventually got fired for doing top tier cocktails for a quid for my friends (including a sparkler) :hihi:

I was also working on match day when the Hillsborough Disaster/Tragedy happened.

Loads of fans in pre match, Liverpool and Owls, a great atmosphere. Then we had a call in saying to lockdown the pub anticipate trouble... obviously it wasn't trouble.

A few weeks later the 'pool guys were back with hats on the bar for the guys who had gone to the match but never came out alive... I felt sooooo ****. But helped them by listening and watching them get sloshed and chat about their mates.

Worst bar job I ever had... :|

My biggest memories of the 'Stonehouse' ?

I worked there and eventually got fired for doing top tier cocktails for a quid for my friends (including a sparkler) :hihi:

I was also working on match day when the Hillsborough Disaster/Tragedy happened.

Loads of fans in pre match, Liverpool and Owls, a great atmosphere. Then we had a call in saying to lockdown the pub anticipate trouble... obviously it wasn't trouble.

A few weeks later the 'pool guys were back with hats on the bar for the guys who had gone to the match but never came out alive... I felt sooooo ****. But helped them by listening and watching them get sloshed and chat about their mates.

Worst bar job I ever had... :|

Do you remember Big Pete trev little Jeff all door men