Memories of The Stonehouse Pub

Trekker

On 20/12/2004 at 09:58, Ned Ludd said:

The Stonehouse in the courtyard phase...a theme pub before they were invented! Unlike modern chained themes I thought it worked well. It was good Tetleys at that stage but I remember before the courtyard was introduced that it was almost undrinkable so that was another improvement at the same time.

The pub existed BEFORE the courtyard was introduced? I never knew that. I went in the 1990s after the starry sky and courtyard had gone.

On 12/06/2020 at 17:40, Heartshome said:

Ah yes! I remember it well!  17-12-1977

Married at 2pm.  Wedding Breakfast and pic's 3pm. Home to change 5.30pm.

Met up with everyone at the Stonehouse 7pm. Graduated into the 'Yard' for the rest of the night, under the 'Stars'.  Fab place ! Great atmosphere ! Brilliant finale to our big day.

You should share some pictures!

On 15/04/2024 at 10:07, Zumba Zebra said:

The pub existed BEFORE the courtyard was introduced? I never knew that. I went in the 1990s after the starry sky and courtyard had gone.

It was a well used pub in the 60s for drinks before dances in the Cutlers Hall, just two rooms each with their own entrance from Church Street.