Sheffield Boys football 1950s

David Storf used to play 'park' football occasionally with us lads in Millhouses Park in the late 50's. He will be about 65 now. Signed up for the Fowls Juniors but no record of him playing for the first team. Went on to play for Rochdale and Barrow. May well have played for Sheffield Boys.

Sits in the North stand every home match with his sons.

Hi Keith

Thanks for trying. I had good friends at that time , such as Ronnie Bryan who played centre forward (old fashioned or what?) and also England Boy's. Dave Travis, John Stanbra,Robin Lee and more. It would have been nice to make contact with them again.

Also I have not heard from Ian B. but will pass your best wishes and question when I speak to him.

Geoff

Went with Meynell school to Wembley to watch Ronnie Bryan play for England v Germany,we won 4-1 and Ronnie got a hat-trick.He was my hero,until I ended up playing against him years later.I was playing for Grenoside club & he was playing for Dial House club.I didn't recognise him till someone pointed him out,he had not grown much since his schooldays and was a little on the rotund side.During the game I jumped for a ball & someone either punched or kneed me in the back sending me into a somersault & knocking all the wind out of me.There were no subs in those days so the game carried on around me.When I came to my senses,I found out who had done this to me & was a little disappointed to find it was Ronnie,I thought he was better than that,so I just bided my time & gave him one back.:huh:

Archived