DJ Competition!!!

lilemma22

Listen up disc Jockeys and Disc Jockettes. Starting Tuesday 8th April we have a banging DJ competition going off at Westways on West street.

Every Tuesday throughout April starting the 8th gives you the chance to come down and spin your stuff. Think you have what it takes to get everyone moving to your fine tuned selection of tracks

???????

The winner from each week goes on to the grand final to compete for a DJing contract with Gosh Management. This is a HUGE!!! chance to show what you've got.

To sign up and for more information email me at emma_krk@hotmail.co.uk

What a pity you are holding the comp at this nasty pub!!!
:D:D:D

What sort of music are you looking for Emma and what's the judging criteria/process? There's tons of very talented DJs in Sheffield but whether they'd be suitable for Westways is another matter.

the music is completely up to the DJ anything goes, they will be judged on Mixing Ability, Track Selection, Appearence & Personality and Crowd Interaction. Each DJ gets to play 25 min each so a good chance to wack on the big floorfillers that are normally saved for the middle of your set x

the music is completely up to the DJ anything goes, they will be judged on Mixing Ability, Track Selection, Appearence & Personality and Crowd Interaction. Each DJ gets to play 25 min each so a good chance to wack on the big floorfillers that are normally saved for the middle of your set x

Riiight, well the term 'floorfillers' is enough to put many off and the type of DJs on Gosh Managements roster suggests it's not quite 'anything goes'. 3-deck techno or classic hip-hop turntablism out, Galaxy/Hallam/Mobile Djs are in. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? :) Just interested as I do an open deck night and am always looking for sources of new DJs to play.

Same Ques what sort off DJ u lookin for Mixer or a fad in and out DJ like my self would like to come and watch but dont think u would like our sort doin our thing u know Barry Billy Four tops

tramps oo could go on but i would give my set away but BARRY WHITE is a must at any party or pub

Blimey, just 25 mins - doesn't even give me time to get my groove on! Tis only about 4 trax.

I'll be off there as fast as my hot little feet will carry me; I've done lots of short sets at Open decks, competitions, etc., but a 25 minute slot sounds perfect; my material is eclectic to say the least, but I know a lot of people at the comp will like it!

I'll email you right away, Emma!

Archived