DJ Competition!!!

lilemma22

Well i'll hold mi hands up then, ya must be the first venue to have some reward for the winner, cos i think deep down most venues do things like this on quiet nights to pick em up a bit ! we've done it ourselves at most venues we've worked at and the pub always wins these comps, not the dj's, lol might even enter it myself then if thats the case ;-)

my m8's plays there from time to time, Damien !

Cheers mate - i understand where you are coming from.

Anyway - thanks to all that came last night it was a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng night (for the judges, at least everyone else could have a drink)

A very high standard of djing on show featuring a wide range of musical tastes and styles but a winner was chosen based on their appearance, personality, mixing ability, track selection and crowd interaction.

A big thanks to all the dj's that entered, not just in the final but throughout the whole competition, it takes a lot to get up there and perform in front of a panel of judges and an audience.

So to the winners.

Many thanks and congratulations to Rob & Kel for their eclectic set featuring a wide range of music and to James Marinker for putting together his "4 decades in 40 minutes" set especially as he will be in mid air as I type this on his way on to his holiday and went straight from the final home to pack and go.

So to the final 3

3rd place went to Dave Cooper for his commercial dance set. A lot of potential in this dj, quite young and sometimes it showed but a rough diamond who coudl end up very smooth with a good control of his music. Brought a few fans as well which is always good for support and helped relax him.

2nd place went John Dixon (Speed Queen, Nylon). An enthusiastic set to say the least, lots of energy from John and definately a dj I would go to see if i saw his name. The judges felt he showed his passion for the music but could have used the mic beyond his intro. A cracking electro set.

1st place and the contract with Gosh Management went to Stuart McAllister for his dance / r'n'b set. An excellent mixture of tunes from both the dance scene and some classic r'n'b tracks thrown in. His energy was high as was his presentation on the mic. A very good all round dj and a worthy winner of the competition.

So congratualtions to Stuart and thanks to the other finalists for making it an enjoyable night.

Many thanks to Tuckers for providing the location for the heats and final and many thanks to Ollie Hayes for hosting the event.

Heres to next year.

Baggy

Archived